I still think Portal was better than Portal 2

I still think Portal was better than Portal 2

Attached: Escape_000006.jpg (900x506, 342.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IcBVf5Nq-To
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that's not a very radical view

They're both made by known scammers who commit false advertising and fraud, so who cares?

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January 2021 and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.

>that's not a very radical view
It used to be back in 2011-2017-ish

portal 2 is better when it comes to length and story and music but portal 1 is still more elegant and has tighter puzzle design. the goop stuff in portal 2 felt pretty half-baked and shoehorned in and portal 2 had a lot of puzzles where nearly the entire wall is non-portlable surfaces. theyre about even to me overall but i'd say as a game portal 1 wins

Portal was much more kino in pure atmosphere. Dark and claustrophobic. You are a test rat stuck in a mad science labyrinth. The facility is crumbling all around you, everything looks realistically corroded and close to collapse after 20 years of neglect.

Then Portal 2 came out and WOAH WEE LOOK AT DEM MAGICAL TILES AND LOOPEDY LOOP VACUUM TUBES COMBUSTIBLE LEMONS OMG

i agree about the atmosphere in portal 1 but i don't really agree with this kind of over-the-top characterization of portal 2's writing that i always see. it was handled well and was genuinely funny

on this board it's the norm despite everywhere else portal 2 is considered the better game and for good reason
the first game is barebones

>dude portal 2 comedy game heehee
youtube.com/watch?v=IcBVf5Nq-To

Attached: stop.png (549x659, 344.49K)

>comes to length
Drags on for way too long in certain parts, so no
>story
they literally assassinated glados's character just so normalfag can relate to her better
>music
The incorporation of it into the gameplay was cool, but other than it was mostly generic and no match to Kelly Bailey's

Kelly Bailey worked on Portal 2 you dimwit

portal 1 had more soul and felt like an indie game portal 2 was more commercial and felt like a aaa game

Cool song bro, but it doesn't prove anything.

The answer is B.

Attached: shut up.png (827x50, 13.98K)

Portal 2 is far better mechanically, but Portal 1's atmosphere and visuals were far far better. It felt more grounded.

OH NO NOT ARTIFACT!!! NIGGA WHO CARES LMAO

No he didn't

Attached: Screenshot.png (534x331, 26.36K)

He did, though.
Check your sources.

Portal
>Atmopsheric, dark, sci-fi adventure with a comedic twist
Portal 2
>Reddit: The Game - Rick & Morty Edition

Portal = early reddit before digg invasion and before facebook normalfag influx
Portal 2 = nu reddit post 2013 and up until current year

Are we seriously doing the whole oldfag/newfag thing for Reddit now?