Is this the weirdest out of place non sequitur in souls history?

is this the weirdest out of place non sequitur in souls history?
part of why ds2 has so much charm

Attached: 1648061421001.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

I guess "charm" is one way to put it...

Man DS2 is ugly. Holy shit

>38 FPS

Attached: 1645692848082.jpg (690x690, 72.14K)

Holy shit did Godwin's corpse spread to dark souls 2 as well

If you hit it with a whip it will release powder that restores durability and repairs your equipment
Conveniently the game provides a whip right there so you can do just that
It's handy because a ton of Shulva is focused on dealing acidic damage and you might want to explore a bit without respawning all the enemies by warping back to repair your stuff.

is that the tree that repairs your equipment if you whip it?

Attached: 1625733637531.png (900x600, 518.16K)

I don't even remember this at all
DS2 is so shit that my brain just fucking blocked out parts of it I guess

Isn't it a King's Field reference? But then again Shulva is in general.

It's probably the most "this asset was originally meant to be used for completely different purposes in a completely different area in probably a completely different game" thing in the entire game, if not franchise.
You can even see that there's a small path going around the tree so either the model was shrunk down or some tiny creatures were associated with it.
It's like as if some dev on the team just couldn't part with it and didn't want to let all the design and modelling effort go to waste.

Attached: 166_167.jpg (2714x1920, 1.83M)

thank you based tree of free repair

Similarly there's this weird ant thing that there's only one of that cures poison but corrodes your gear or something?

Attached: qKKlfwO.jpg (1440x810, 251.11K)

That's a failed creation of Aldia that he tossed down the pit in Majula after he didn't need it anymore.

Still a little weird how it's just kinda there and has no AI or anything. It doesn't react to anything, serves a weird purpose (admittedly it at least fits the area) and is JUST enough out of the way.

What the hell was that even? I haven't played Dark Souls 2 since it's release, is it an enemy?

Attached: King's Field tree.gif (500x466, 1.83M)

>Bosses's name is The Last Giant
>Is in fact, not the Last Giant
>As you can find at least 3 Giant Warriors in Black Gulch
>Game just flat out lied to you

Attached: lastgiant.jpg (1280x720, 135.89K)

I've played a lot of dark souls but never seen this tree. Where is it in game?

>That's a failed creation of B team that got tossed to the dumping ground location

In the Sihn DLC in a cave area that is extremely difficult to get into without a guide

>*gazes upon the players*
>*screen starts pulsating red*
>*it starts trashing the place*
>"NIIIIGGGGEEEEERRRRR (*translated from Giant's language)
Was it necessary?

It's technically an enemy in that you can kill it and it won't come back, but it takes no damage from whips, encouraging you to use one on it.

There's only two giants in Black Gulch, not three. And the Last Giant is the last KNOWN giant, as those two in the gulch were hidden from history's gaze. 'Tis a secret to everybody.

>the last white man in the US

>And the Last Giant is the last KNOWN giant
known to who?

Yes? It's a clue that he recognizes you from his time as the Giant Lord, when you appeared out of nowhere and defeated him, leading to the giants' defeat and imprisonment in the fort, and the end of the war. Despite saying you only enter memories, you are in fact visiting the past, and your actions directly shaped Drangleic into what it is today.

Similarly when you enter the Memory of the Old Iron King and kill Sir Alonne, you provide the reason why the Old Iron King's trusted knight commander suddenly vanished upon him, leading to his rapid descent into debauchery and the fall of the kingdom.

>"this asset was originally meant to be used for completely different purposes in a completely different area in probably a completely different game"
Minus the last part Bloodborne has a good amount of shit like that, but they just crammed it into the chalice dungeons or the nightmares and it fits.
DS2 is clearly the worst. Half of the shit of the shit that was totally intended to be in the game and not asset reuse barely fits into the Dark Souls world

Attached: vf7FMdrSJcbMUooQOt5GXW_QiWl4c7ha4aYgv2VEcYc.png (1024x576, 797.14K)

You're supposed to kill the ones in the gulch first.

Attached: kat.jpg (668x244, 35.67K)