Why is there no Dreamcast Conversion for Sonic Adventure 2?

Why is there no Dreamcast Conversion for Sonic Adventure 2?

Attached: installer-screens.png (1280x960, 1006.24K)

Because Adventure 2 wasn't completely broken being ported to GC, and a lot of the stuff that was changed was for the better.

No motivation. There are a lot of mods that restore DC things to the game, but having it all packaged in one installer and/or be complete just isn't something anyone wants to do. SA2 was never completely fucked up like SA1 was, just lighting and model issues basically, wouldn't be nearly as dramatic a transformation.

Because, while Sonic Adventure 2 does have some port issues, it's not a complete rape like Sonic Adventure 1's port of a port of a port of a port.

because the port of 2 is fine, it still looks worse but DX was the bigger crime

Are there any essential mods for SA2 on steam or is that version fine on its own

Attached: __maria_robotnik_and_shadow_the_hedgehog_sonic_the_hedgehog_drawn_by_aoki_fumomo__f35663bea2777aeb51649ae66383c615.jpg (582x700, 261.6K)

Does SA2B's PC port have Big the Cat?

It does

Not as much of him as the DC version, but more than the GC release iirc.

The lighting and cutscenes need fixing, the chao garden DC hubs restored, super sonic or shadow in normal stages and better sounds, all in one package like sa1

because the only actual problems the ports have are in cutscenes, and it's not that big of a deal to leave unfixed
DX ports were an actual travesty and needed fixes

Lighting is debatable anyways, the cutscene lighting is worse but the characters look better

>super sonic or shadow in normal stages
Super Sonic in SA1 has gameplay that's already pretty close to Sonic's usual gameplay. A super conversion for SA2 would require completely overhauling how the two characters function.

I downloaded modloader and it had four features I found necessary
>radar for all 3 ME pieces
>changed grinding on rails
>Chao gain more stats from animals and drives
>no black bars on sides unless it's pre-rendered cutscene

You have cheated not only the game, but yourself

action remap isn't absolutely necessary but it's a good change. it rebinds light dashing to Y

What's so special about it?

Changed how?

When I played it vanilla, Sonic and Shadow were slowing down on rails and they leaned left/right very easily. With the thing that was in modloader (it's just a checkbox, not a separate mod), characters grinded faster, didn't lose their speed on rails and didn't lean left/right too much.

Maybe there were more things it did but I didn't notice or already forgot them

Imagine being filtered by the balance mechanic

>imagine being filtered by a bad mechanic
I bet you defend tripping in Brawl, too, faggot.

there are mods that add all this shit back you know?

Huh, don't remember any rail problems myself but the 3 emerald radar shit really caught my eye. Is there an option/mod to hide upgraded items and keep vanilla character models by any chance(like weird toy rubber band on Knuckles' knuckles and such)?

Tripping is a random detriment
You hit a skill wall playing babby's first tony hawk

I think there was something like this

Why is the OST so good? I want to chill and dive in Aquatic Mine.

Tony Hawk had you bail on a rail if you lost balance, it never slowed you down to the point where you may as well have just jumped off the rail instead - that was based on the speed you hit the grind at. Tony Hawk also has better visualization of the balance mechanic.
It was a bad mechanic in SA2, but SA2 is a game that is full of bad mechanics.