Boss is taking too long?

Boss is taking too long?
Not my problem.

Attached: 1619123484489.png (640x566, 378.2K)

Why would a healer do dps, you retard?
If I burn mana doing sub par damage, that mana wouldn't be available for heals when your dumb ass gets kicked by the boss.
Do your fucking job and I'll do mine.

>have to divide my attention between burning boss and playing whackamole
When I want to play disc priest I'll go on mistblade and fucking play disc priest
I don't want to DPS, that's your fucking job, you do it. I'm playing healer because I like making the green bar go up, not the red one go down

Attached: cringe worg.png (642x506, 454.25K)

Your job isn't to just heal and play with your prostate, attack the boss faggot

>wasting mana on dps because the dps can’t do their jobs
ooooooof

Learn your fucking role, fix your piss-poor mana management, and use your fucking DPS while the party HP is covered you worthless lazy entitled cunt bitches.

Only noob healers have issues maintaining mana levels while keeping the party alive and doing dps. That’s healer 101.

Trash player detected

>learn your role
It's only recently with the advent of this fucking m+ esports bullshit that healers became expected to squeeze out every bit of damage they can instead of just heal, get the fuck out with this fucking blizzshit meta cancer. I'm not playing your game for you, I signed up to HEAL because I want to press the healing buttons and not the damage ones, it's as simple as that

Shitters

WRONG, Its been a thing since way before m+ even got implemented, especially for gearcheck/Dps check raid bosses.

If you have issues with your mana or not depends entirely on your party.

based

Name eighty six times anyone ever discussed or even mentioned their expectation regarding a healer's damage throughput prior to Legion and the introduction of M+.

HARD MODE: Don't use the phrase 'disc priest' or any variant thereof

t. wowtroon

>applying some dots to the boss while making sure green bars stay green is hard

Pretty much every single boss ever made if you are a hardcore raider. There is literally NO REASON to not start a pull pre-potting and bursting dps as a healer. And in a lot of bosses the there are phases where a single healer/ 2 healers can handle the healing, so a healer or 2 can focus on dpsing. My raid used this kind of start a lot of times, especially on bosses where the healing requirement is small in the first phases but it required additional healing in the last phases. This "restokin" builds were used a lot during the legion raids.

I don't know what the fuck an M+ is but XIV has been telling healers to DPS since A Realm Reborn.

Attached: avatar_c3d7273459fd_128.png (128x128, 20.87K)

Nobody ever talked about how much damage their healers were bringing to the table in any boss strat, any class guide, hell not even any casual conversation ever prior to lelgion. Again with the sole exception of disc priests where people would sometimes say the damage you do is a nice bonus. You're not rewriting history on me faggot
Damage was never an expected part of a healer's job before M+ where this retarded debate became part of the fucking zeitgeist because speedrunning trannies were desperate to eke out a smidge more DPS to finish their run 1 second faster
I will NOT split my focus between the enemies you want me to do damage to and the group I want to heal, it's not fun and I loathe that blizzard themselves are actively incorporating it into their class design now because of wannabe hardcore faggots like you

Inconsiderate. The longer a fight goes on, the MORE you have to use YOUR mana to keep a party alive. Healers help dps to help exit a fight faster. The only time you WOULDN'T be dpsing (and frantically spamming heals) is if you're grouped with glue sniffers who sit in every aoe, tanks who don't press mitigations, ad EVEN THEN most of the time you will end a fight WITH MANA. You should be pulling your weight, not wasting the party's time, and fucking DPS, you equally waste of an onahole.

Attached: 1356144296900.png (212x300, 82.47K)

*kicks you*
*recruits someone that can do better*
You're nothing special, kid.

>Boss Guide

Casual raider detected. Hardcore raiders don't follow guides because when they're progressing there are literally no boss guides available. When the casual shitters like you start progressing on bosses, they already got nerfed or your raid got enough gear to worry about dps checks.

dps here, thanks for making my job easier :)

to not worry*

Attached: healing.jpg (654x158, 27.31K)

>The longer a fight goes on
The longer a fight goes on the more game I get to play
Play your game, love it or don't but don't cry to me
I'll accept your nitpicking of one single bone of contention without addressing the meat of my argument as a concession
You will NOT rewrite history on me faggot, I well remember the days of Everquest where a healer's whole game was healing as diligently and conservatively as possible to keep the group running safely, I will never enjoy being asked to play the DPS's game for them when I don't like it, and I will never apologize for either of the above points

Cleric Stance Superior, Protect Inferior.

>Its been a thing since way before m+ even got implemented
That isn't exactly true. The early class design for healers in most MMOs had both their heals and damage abilities use the same limited mana pool, so dealing damage would actively harm your ability to heal properly. It wasn't until design philosophy changed and damage skills were removed from mana management, or mana was made irrelevant than damage became important for healers.

Giving healers more to do when the healing itself isn't tight was a good change, because the role suffers from a lack of gameplay outside of harsh progression content, but in general all MMO combat design is shite so the best that most games manage is to just give them tab target damage buttons to press as braindead finger work to keep them occupied, instead of developing more interesting combat mechanics that could turn them into active utility classes.

I remember when the Alexander raid just came out and the dps checks behind it were legit insane, and the forum filled with people crying over it.

Attached: 1646114785010.jpg (480x360, 19.65K)

Got hit? Stop interrupting my glare rotation.

Attached: 2099-88.jpg (556x486, 62.91K)

Healers mana were nearly infinite during WOLTK so you could dps without worrying much about mana and most healers during Cata were incentivized to dps because smart healing.

Get filtered. Times are changing, and the majority of the cesspool want healers DPSing. I'll continue dragging my parties through dungeons in record time, while shit healers get booted, or quit the game out of frustration.

Attached: 1359610909458.jpg (1780x1252, 322.46K)

Based, Shitter that cant heal and dps efficiently should stick with their shitter friends instead of trying to get into decent groups.