Drone surge

>drone surge
what the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 1638832544093.png (1552x873, 960.76K)

you better have cloaking son

>cloning

Attached: 0vjoy.png (307x207, 8.52K)

you alright?

Cloak is literally mandatory if you want to win

that's pretty shitty design in an otherwise fantastic game, drone surge is the end of 90% of my runs

you can try high shields and high engine if you want to gamble but it's honestly not worth it. I've beaten the flagship a couple of times without cloaking using that, but you're banking on killing it ASAP and perfect weapons like flak I/bl2/halberd. Teleporter also helps so you dont take too much damage by killing the crew members in the missiles room

>*cloaks*
Nothing personnel, motherkid

I've still never beaten this game. Literally impossible

Nah, I got my first win without it. I had pretty much maxxed defenses and insane firepower though.

>Gets harder if you kill the entire crew
Nothing personnel kid

I beat it on normal after 12 hours, using the zoltan A ship. infinite power and zoltan shield is super strong

Cloaking, hacking or pre-ignited weapons.

Crying suns felt like a more complete experience than FTL, it is heavily inspired by it so I would think

Attached: crying suns.jpg (1280x720, 89.37K)

Such a bland game, with nonexistent replayability and playstyle variety to boot. A shame, to be honest, the core concept was kinda alright.

My highest score in the game was on a winning run with Mantis C, where I had to ditch Cloaking so I could fit in Hacking.

Also the story wasn't good, but the 3d pixelart style was pretty neat, actually.

>Boss so strong it lives rent free in every other run
I love this game

>drone surge
have you tried having 4 shields and 50% evasion?

Drone surge can't really punch through x4 shields and lvl6 or above engines on its own. It needs active drone and either emp or plasma from the mothership. If you don't have cloak, and went for hacking instead, you just need to focus on enemy drone system in the first volley then plop a hacking probe on their shield system and take out missile and either emp or plasma systems. Unless you get crazy bad RNG it shouldn't be an issue.

Why would you stall your hacking until after having taken out the drone system?

I only kill missiles guy and if i get lucky with everything hitting i just pepper everyone trying to fix shields

Loved the story. Hated the progression system where you start over after each system, made no sense. As a result the game had no tension like FTL where losing a ship in system 5 was a big disappointment. Also restarts meant it was rarely beneficial to go into systems other than the default loadout for each ship.
Liked the story though, wish it got a sequel or something.

yes, the drones do way more than 4 damage in a burst and evasion is mega rng

If the omnis just needed Kaliban, why didn't they fetch him without waiting for Idaho to bring him to them?
If the omnis all thought of the same goal independently and calculated wvery possible outcome independently, why didn't Kaliban? Why was he acting like the whole shtick was a revelation?
Was it just one instance of Kaliban they cared about? What about all the other copies of him in the cloning facilities?
If the omnis didn't care about humanity at all, why would they bother indulging Idaho's questions and helping him and his crew out of the system?
I had more but I've forgotten about them by now. Overall I percieve the story as mediocre, starting with painfully unnatural expository dialog at the beginning and culminating with that clusterfuck of an ending.