An hour before work

>an hour before work
>nothing else to do
>decide to play vidya until it's time to leave
>look at your library of installed and unfinished games
>none of which you feel like playing
>force yourself to find and choose the "most fun" one
>stress out over this for so long that you end up choosing none of them before the hour is up
>you deprived yourself of fun because you're a massive autist

Attached: 3B16A1D1-23D6-49F4-AC6E-9A9A878333A1.jpg (1360x1338, 182.47K)

Could be worse OP, you can manually write out your entire backlog and realize that its decades long and try to trek through it anyways wasting years of your life.

I think you're better off deciding what you want out of games overall and mapping out what to play specifically off of that criteria.

This. I have faggot syndrome where I play things just because Any Forums hails it. I've learned to not force myself and let my gaming urges come naturally. I don't force myself to game and do other things I want. I also don't buy games anymore unless I'm sure I will like it.

Have you tried not having a backlog?

Attached: 1644471693339.gif (288x269, 746.63K)

video games are shit. I finished elden ring and there is literally nothing else to play
>bah bah just play old games
Ive played everything everything I wanted. There almost 0 chance there is some super obscure hidden gem for me

I want to finish Elden Ring but it seemingly randomly gets horrible performance problems (full game freezing for few seconds) so i have a hard time giving it a try as when they happen i havent found a way to resolve it. Yesterday I played for hours fine then problems randomly started so i had to stop playing.

You're depressed you dumb cunt, start looking for a new job.

it sounds like you need a break from vidya user

In this case I just boot up EDF 5 and fuck about online. Time moves faster when you slaughter hundreds of aliens that look like us.

how the hell are you going to have a satisfying gaming session in only an hour? thats no time at all

>>look at your library of installed and unfinished games
when i game is boring/shit i hide it in steam library so i dont distract myself wading through garbage
>force yourself to find and choose the "most fun" one
find multiple things you enjoy so when 1 gets boring you can switch to another thing you enjoy
also recently ive been pirating game so i have no sunk cost fallacy when it comes to playing them

This is something that I've been trying to figure out. If you have less than an hour and a half it's better to play a game you can quit anytime that you can make progress in (Diablo, OSRS, Minecraft). If you play a story game like GTA or Spiderman it's harder to enjoy because you might have to leave before the mission is over, effectively wasting your time.

When I did that I usually just played something short and noncommittal like an online game. A match in some braindead shooter or a race in mario kart or something.

>Guess ill do another Terraria playthrough

Attached: home.png (2144x2272, 1.55M)

I've had two twin boys recently and it's not a joke that you can't play video as much. I usually am lucky to force myself to play 2 hrs a night if that but usually I just sleep or veg out, staring at my collection and imagining

well yeah

what shooters are even worth playing? I was enjoying siege's deathmatch mode for this kind of thing but seems like that playlist is dead now as it never finds a match for me even after 20 min of matchmaking.

I usually go for cowadoody if I want to run around shooting things for 15 minutes without putting much thought into it. Don't know about vanguard, but MW2019 (not warzone) is still very active.

>MW2019
don't you need to buy the game for access to the arena style modes?

yup. if I am able to game it is between 10 and 11pm and I go to work for 6am

Yeah you do, so it's kinda shitty that way since blizzard's prices are retarded and never go on sale.