Is it me or touhou fangames are unironically pretty good?

is it me or touhou fangames are unironically pretty good?

Attached: FSyqXSgaAAA3bAp.jpg (777x614, 408.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J87dcYxrKwI
youtu.be/DkuyUIFcfpE
store.steampowered.com/app/1229880/Koumajou_Remilia_Scarlet_Symphony/
youtube.com/watch?v=89seZJnIP0k
youtube.com/watch?v=7n_w0Qmacvo&t=97s
youtube.com/watch?v=56MIIJ79EOw&t=11s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Koumajou Densetsu 2 was the Classicvania game I never knew I needed. And the final boss theme, ooh.
youtu.be/J87dcYxrKwI

It depends on the fangame
Luna nights looks neat, but I will never touch garbage like the Yuuka game or genso wanderer

genso wanderer is one of the best roguevanias I played tho
and yuuka's game is also kinda good

Attached: 774797_Yuuka-8.png (1225x982, 1.17M)

There's a couple that are pretty good
youtu.be/DkuyUIFcfpE

Attached: 1626526913271.png (242x256, 72.38K)

Which Yuuka game? The platformer was pretty fun, but it’s outrageously overpriced.
Luna Nights is incredible. Without question the best fan game I’ve ever played.

it’s good until she takes off her bra and her tits start behaving like tits that size would behave

the first one will be ported to steam soon btw
store.steampowered.com/app/1229880/Koumajou_Remilia_Scarlet_Symphony/

Touhou fangames are unironically pretty retarded, because they're a waste of potentially decent games on literal fanfiction. What's the point, just make an original setting.

a new setting will never be as good as gensokyo

I bought it when it was on sale for $3. Not outrageously overpriced.
Why waste braincells on writing an original settings if it's not going to be half as good as Touhou?

Yuuka's game is fucking shit. Basic bitch ass battles, and a useless MC who won't even touch her. The art and scenes might be hot but that doesn't make it a good "game", that just makes it a good scene viewer.

youtube.com/watch?v=89seZJnIP0k
For me it's Mystical Chain

Some people don't want to create an original setting, maybe because it'd take a large amount of time to establish it in game, or maybe because they don't think they'd be able to make a setting that's good. If you make a Touhou fangame then your target audience already has an idea of what these characters are like and their relationships with each other are, it's just a lot easier. And sometimes, people just want to make fanfiction. That's the same reason that people make doujins instead of original works after all.

genso wanderer is amazing... until you fight a boss and never want to play it again

They're usually shit because half of them are cashgrabs that only use Touhou as a skin to sell. They don't give a shit about touhou or what it represents, and you can tell from the tone and writing that most of them never played the originals. Shmups on the other hand are usually well made because the creators actually care.

>has the spirit of Touhou without needing to use the characters
Play Len'en

Attached: 1652883587036.png (1350x1150, 128.67K)

Sorry, I'm not playing xir femboy game.

I think eratw is pretty good if you've got the autism for it.

What are some good fangames that are available on steam?

YuuYuu Jiteki no Yuukarin, platformer.
One of the shmups, Dream Festival or some thing.

God I want to make out with Flan-chan's navel so bad, so bad

youtube.com/watch?v=7n_w0Qmacvo&t=97s
youtube.com/watch?v=56MIIJ79EOw&t=11s

not fangame but hey at least this guy is inspire by it.