Are high budget gachas the future of gaming?

Are high budget gachas the future of gaming?

Attached: 1652866826978.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sketchfab.com/3d-models/arknights-hung-ad1ed0414e10473a936ea1a005b0d1fe
zenless.hoyoverse.com/m/en-us?page=character
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks spastic as fuck.

yes

Who's the wolf hunk?

looks like Hung from arknights
source or you gonna fuck out?
sketchfab.com/3d-models/arknights-hung-ad1ed0414e10473a936ea1a005b0d1fe

Attached: file.png (594x590, 426.15K)

gacha is a fucking disease and I'm so fucking pissed it keeps hogging all the kemono characters japan decides to pump out

I want to enjoy my kemono characters on actual videogames and not glorified slot machines

Attached: 1649350022432.jpg (4030x4096, 1.15M)

More like that wolf please.

Unless the consumer gets smarter (which is against the current trend), then, I'm afraid, yes.

Game is Zenless Zone Zero
zenless.hoyoverse.com/m/en-us?page=character

No need to thank me

Why must all these cool designs be stuck in nongames like these? It's not fair...

To be fair, Genshit has about as much gameplay as you can expect from any full-priced vidya nowadays. It's the gacha monetization model that's the issue.
Cash shops and lootboxes are nothing new. We've seen a good share of f2p games in the past. But while lootboxes have mostly been contained to cosmetics as of late, and proved to be pretty harmless for consumers, but effective for the publisher. The gacha model puts actual gameplay-changing characters and/or weapons behind the gambling paywall. Unless it hands out a lot of free rolls, you can't even call gacha games pay 2 win, more like free 2 lose.

imagine how much fucking money they'd make if they put hot furries in genshin impact

Attached: 1650188068960.png (608x784, 944.68K)

For the absolute lowest common denominatorsvof videogame audiences, probably yeah.

Gacha and mobile games are a blight upon gaming. The only thing i hate more than them, are the people who are playing and spending money on it

>we want the HFOMA audience

same reason why we had a brief period of talent drawing MLP art.
$$$$$

I'm never going to play live service games.

>you lived long enough to see gacha games be better than ''normal'' games

Theres better be lock-on and air combos this time

it will be the end of video games if the economy doesn't make a magical turnaround right now. pretty soon even the biggest whales won't be able to afford their addiction anymore.

I've been playing GBF for a while now, and it's actually pretty generous towards f2p players. Sure, the whales still have the upper hand, but you're not miserable as an f2p. Paying doesn't actually let you circumvent the atrocious grind, and you get plenty of freebies to roll the gacha.
So, my point is: as long as the gacha devs aren't extremely greedy and keep the f2p/whale balance in check, they can easily keep the product afloat by the whales, without having them go bankrupt by rolling, and not scare away all the f2p playerbase, so their game doesn't die.