Never had the chance to play PSO as a millennial kid

>Never had the chance to play PSO as a millennial kid
>Play on a private server
>Love the clunky controls and simple combat
>Been playing for several hours now
>Thinking about getting into PSO2

Anyone else still play or has played PSO? This game is so fun. PSO thread?

Attached: file.png (256x360, 165.43K)

Guy I played that shit for thousands of hours on GameCube

My all time favourite game. Love it.

Which server you playing on? Been thinking of playing on Ephenia myself.

PSO2 is a dumpster fire and has very little in common with PSO1. Just keep playing. I’ve been playing the game off and on for the last 22 years and it keeps bringing me back.

>Ephenia
People in the PSO general at /vg/ told me that's the most active one with a dedicated Jap base as well. Everyone seems really friendly. I'm playing through the single player content before I jump into the muiltiplayer game but people told me it doesn't matter since the story is just kinda generic but I'm just trynna level up in single player really

There's that much content? What did you do exactly?

>PSO2 is a dumpster fire
Is it really that bad?

HUUUUGE PSO fag here.

Yes it sucks. Even PSU was better.

The story is rather simple but it is efficiently told, and meshes well with the gameplay and dungeons. I actually like it and if you paid attention to Rico's messages and the dialogue of the NPCs back on Pioneer 2, there are some emotional moments.

The story is pretty bare but if you look hard enough it’ll come together

In my opinion the game isn’t really about the story. It’s just about teaming up and getting good loot.

I'm very surprised how enjoyable it is even when it's a 22 year old game. I'm 33 and I thought I'd get bored or maybe the game feels outdated.. But no not at all it's still super engaging.. I'm loving it..

PSO2 is garbage compared to PSO and completely misses the mark, don't bother
>inb4 muh NGS
No, it's always been garbage

>Even PSU was better.
Really? I can't really comment since my playtime with PSU was *very* short. I think I only played like a grand total of 5 hours. Whereas with the others I played much, much more. Here's my ranking of the PSO games, not counting the pre-3D singleplayer RPGs. r8 and h8:

PSO > PSP2i > PSP = PSO2 > PS Zero > PSU

Never played New Genesis.

Attached: echo_zeno_5.jpg (500x666, 204.1K)

>Never played New Genesis.
What's this meme I'm super confused.. So there was PSO2 and replaced it with New Genesis? Why they do dat

Similar to me, I'm 30 this year and played PSO for the first time 3 years ago back in 2019. Got hooked, fucking loved that game. I think I stopped when my playtime was like 70 hours or so.

Attached: Phantasy_Star_Online-art3.jpg (1024x768, 277.32K)

New Genesis is like a reboot but tacked on to the old game for some reason, PSO2 is still available but the playerbase is pretty much dead since it's no longer getting updates

What do you mean "meme"? I'm and genuinely have not played New Genesis. It's not a meme.

PSU was the perfect game for me on 360. Clocked in about 1000 hours. Played with randoms every night. Sometimes I wouldn’t even do missions. I’d just hang in the 4th floor and chat to people.

It's a classic case of less is more.
PSO1 having almost survival horror controls actually makes it more in depth gameplay and strategy wise. You don't want to get let yourself get surrounded so you want to stay grouped up with your team and they can heal and support you.
In PSO2, who gives a fuck, just fly around the map, heal yourself with a billion free heal items laying on the ground, just stand away from the enemy and never ever get hit cause they can't catch up with you. Your teammate's only interaction with you is healing you passively when they use an item on themselves, dealing damage to the enemy you're attacking, and reviving you with a billion revives just laying around (how the fuck did you die?). You don't even notice the people with you unless they're spamming stamps or symbol arts.

>Love the clunky controls and simple combat
How? It's like the most braindead gameplay since ragnarok online

I've played this through Ephinea, it's a very fun time.

Meme as people making fun of it/shitting on it usually
The timing of the combos feel so satisfying though maybe it's just me