Are consoles dying?

are consoles dying?

Attached: graph.png (1131x699, 259.15K)

>Sony drops out of the industry entirely, Microsoft subsists as a multiplat publisher
>Sega comes back and dominates like it's 1991 all over again
I hope so

god imagine the shitstorm if sega just out of nowhere made a console again

dreamcast 2 when

Streamers are convincing more zoomers to switch to PC.

bring him back

Attached: Segata-Sanshiro-PXZ2-Join-Init.jpg (600x338, 38.02K)

I feel like consoles have really undermined their own purpose this last decade. The PS4, PS5, Xbone and Series X are unequivocally just rebadged PCs. They're all fairly mediocre Ryzen + Vega rigs at that.

That's not how consoles used to work, virtually every console in existence had its own unique sorts of technical voodoo, there was nothing that ran software quite the same way an SNES or a Sega Saturn or a PS2 or an Xbox 360 did.

In fact, the bad omen was the original Xbox. That was also built with off the shelf PC hardware, and look what its most popular games were; Halo, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Morrowind, KOTOR

Attached: 20201104_5fa30d336fa37.jpg (1000x523, 48.29K)

This just means how much people watch a walkthrough instead of playing the game themselves.

i'm calling it now, sega's actually going to do this and put both ms and sony into the fucking dirt.

There aren't weird CPUs to compete with x86 anymore like Da Power of Cell

No, pc is just getting more known unlike before when it was a super small niche. In 8th gen both Nintendo and Xbox bombed spectacularly with only Sony doing well. Now Nintendo and Xbox are doing a LOT better so you're probably going to see 9th gen surpass the total sales of 7th gen consoles in that graph.

The last time someone tried funky architecture, they lost tens of BILLIONS. Everyone got the memo.

I'm one of the biggest Nintendorks out there and I hope this happens. Big media conglomerates never had any business making consoles. Leave video games to video game companies.

Well, it's a free market and x86 won fair and square.

You have consolidation to thank for that. Microsoft, intel, a shrinking japanese economy, forcing motorola out of relevance, etc. There may be a future where custom silicon takes charge again but we're in a lull right now particularly due to a failing western world.

>Big media conglomerates never had any business making consoles. Leave video games to video game companies
But the PS1 and PS2 are among the greatest consoles of all time and I'd rate them higher than any Nintendo console.

Yes. There is no reason to own a console anymore other than exclusive titles that are being held back.
Nothing cool or exciting, nothing innovative has come from consoles since 360 / PS3 days.

I think its because in the past each console gave a different experience so people might own more than one (ie. an Xbox 360 for triple A games and a Wii for more casual family stuff) but nowadays you can get pretty much any game on any console plus they're more expensive

And it's fucking sad. All these kids that want to game on pc just like f2p garbage and nothing else. I don't even want to think of a world where consoles died and pc gaming was all that's left.

Unless someone shits the bed real bad mid gen we're looking at a repeat of 7th as in every console is going to do healthy numbers. Switch alone will sell around 140 million which should end up being around 2/5ths of the overall 300 million or so total. If you include handhelds for the other gens it's right in line with 6th and quite a bit above 8th but still overshadowed by 7th, which considering the current presence/dominance of PC and mobile would be a fantastic result for consoles.

christ snoys love projecting
your console LITERALLY FUNDS ALMOST 50% OF FORTNITE REVENUE

Attached: snoynight.jpg (884x693, 204.32K)

IBM and Motorola couldn't keep up with Intel node or design, that's just the free market doing its thing.

I'm not even a PlayStationfag, nigger. This site is fucking annoying with all this anti-Sony shit where if you say literally anything you get called a "snoy". Just fuck off to your cuckshed.

you are a retard either way and everyone hates snoys for the rampant shitposting they've done the past decade. cry more faggot.

I see more obnoxious behavior from pcfags on this site. Just go back to Roblox or Valorant and leave the thread, normalfag.

blowing in from twitter and acting like you've browsed "this site" longer than 6 months is pretty comical. Kill yourself.

Attached: The tism.png (1349x3519, 1015.35K)

And they ushered in a dark age. Also, SNES/Genesis >>>>>> everything.