Elden Ring combat is absolutely fucking sh-

>Elden Ring combat is absolutely fucking sh-

Attached: Elden Ring Medium Shield counterblock.webm (854x480, 2.95M)

It's fantastic combat for an open world game.

It's somewhat underwhelming if compared to "true" action games like Nioh 2 or Monster Hunter.

Attached: ranking open world games.jpg (1462x589, 234.45K)

why does everything take so little damage in this game?

thats a (you) problem, you do fuck all damage. get higher stats or better gear or buffs or something

The counter should have been time based like sekiros deflect, and a perfect deflect should cost no or significantly less stamina

>for an open world game.
It's not about the game being open world
It's about the game being PVP that dumbs it down

Guaranteed replies

This. When From dropped the pvp cancer in Sekiro the resulting combat system was infinitely superior to anything they ever done.

Comfy list user

the truth is guaranteed to draw attention

DING DING DING
Bingo

If the game didn't have pvp it would be just another boring action game, invasions is the most unique aspect of the game and you didn't beat it unless you participated in it.

>shield teleports to your back and back to your arm

BOTW combat has more depth than Elden Ring. I beat elden ring with SL1 character.

SL1 characters in elden ring can be upwards of level 80 with the use of talismans and gear, SL1 runs are easier than ever.
Do a sl1/weapon upgrade level 0 run instead

why does the "critical" attack do so little damage? It barely did more than the regular swings

>Elden Ring
>challenging mechanically
lol
lmao

user is playing co-op, so the boss has more health. would have done more damage if he was playing alone

can you read?

>MOST challenging mechanically

which is objectively true, no other game requires reflexes and timing this precise

well actually it would have done the same damage, but it would have meant more because the bosses max hp would be lower
yeah

>Do a sl1/weapon upgrade level 0 run instead
I did it in DS3 and I don't want to waste my time on ER anymore.

how can anyone add an AC game to the discussion? The combat is braindead, parry windows are hilarious and you can parry like 2-3 seconds early and it will be successful, then its just spamming the same shitty abilities over and over. You can do it without looking

hence why it received only 2 points for combat

What? You can just summon and wait or spam jump attack. BOTW is on the same level of challenge as ER but BOTW doesn't pretend to be hardcore and challenging. ER is for tryhard casuals and poseurs.

>ER is for tryhard casuals and poseurs.
is it though? seems like thats just how YOU see it.

they are not really worth a mention, its like trying to discuss the worth of a marvel movie or something

Souls PVP is shit

You seem serious about this analysis you've done so let me ask you this. Why haven't you mentioned multiplayer/duels/invasions as a side activity for Elden Ring? It's the only game on the list with an online component outside of RDR2. It adds a good amount of replay value and depth to the game, making different builds for different level brackets and invading with them is engaging and rewarding for anyone that's interested.

It's really fun and you only hate it because you're bad at it

Precisely because it's a category that most of the games listed can't participate in. You could give RDR2 and ER an extra point in playstyle variety in multiplayer, but I find the PvP mechanics in ER fairly barebones.

It is. There is no challenge and the only challenge you can get is through handicap yourself, create artificial difficulty for yourself but you can do this in every game including zelda. You just don't know ER and BOTW very well, proving my point. Stupid pretentious casual.

Nah it's just shit, it's because of the shitty roll and poke pvp gameplay that we can't have combos and complex movesets, multiple weapon skills and multiple stances per weapon

>Decide this is finally the souls game to be masochist about
>Go 10 vit, 60 dex, 60 fth and 35 endurance
>Can't tank a single of radahn's arrows even with buffs
>Can't tank a single gravity well from astel
>Can't take a single hit from starbeast
>One dweller arrow and I'm done
>Can't survive a single grab attack. One slam dunk from horrah and i'm done
>The second scarlet rot fills I have 2 seconds to cure it
>Ulcerated tree spirits eat me
>Crucible knights just bully me
>Dragons look at me like i'm filth
>Godskin bros and elden beast are the only things that can't one shot me due to high faith and vitality

Attached: 1652232229106.jpg (1024x1280, 280.15K)

I think it's complex enough for a casual fun pvp game, not everything has to be the equivalent of learning to play the piano.