No DRM bullshit

>No DRM bullshit
>Allows uncensored VNs
I'm not saying it's the best storefront... but it should.

Attached: logo_org.jpg (1200x627, 51.14K)

It should what?

>No DRM bullshit
Fucking liar. Try viewing doujinshi and shit from dlsite sometime. Some of the older shit on the site uses old forms of DRM like needing to log in otherwise it would prevent the game from loading properly or fucking disabling your print screen key.

Attached: 97884773_p0.png (1060x1060, 756.34K)

>>No DRM bullshit
DLSite has it's own DRM.

By default, there is no DRM. You download the product, and it's yours. The DRM products have a big warning on the store page that was put there by the Circle themselves, so you can avoid giving them your money.

>awful download speeds
>schizo tier shop categories
>Otome/gay/lesbian/mobile games are sold separately and the "subshop" lacks features the main one has
>same goes for low effort and high effort hentai games
>website pretends its in english but half the time its not
>some games are silently hidden if you browse in english or japanese version
>one game is often sold under many different IDs creating absolute chaos in the catalogue
>jap, chinese, english ratings are separate so the game can have 99999upvotes on jap but only 10 on english so you miss coomKINO
>some games outright dont work but since you cannot say anything about bugs in user review more people can buy literally broken game
I am sometimes amazed at how bad webdesign this piece of shit is. Also god its loading times and its search form are atrocities.

Attached: unknown-5.png (1053x932, 174.16K)

With the software acting as DRM being made by dlsite.

You're forgetting about the absolute ridiculous cut DLsite takes from smaller creators.

DLsite has DRM, it's just shitty DRM and devs have to opt to use it.

The cut DLsite takes is based entirely on the price that the devs set. It sucks if you're trying to sell shit for like $5 since they'll take an entire 50% but when you hit ~$15 it takes the same cut as Steam does and even takes less than Steam if you go higher than that.

Attached: dlsite cut.png (1024x401, 66.78K)

They're fucking jews that's what they are. They use a "higher cost = less cut" policy but most games on DLsite are under 2000 yen indieshit so they still always take 40-50% cuts on all sales.

Attached: electronic-publication-matome1.png (749x388, 21.96K)

Melonbooks gives Circles 70% of the listed price, but no one buys stuff off there (helped a friend sell a set on Melonbooks, and it was the #1 best seller of the day, and only sold in the double digits). DLSite seems to have a tight grip on customers despite Fanza, Digiket, iipalace, and Melonbooks existing as alternatives.

From 1300 yen the cut are already very similar to Steam's 30%

That sounds like a great policy as it uncentivizes short shit games that arent worth the time

I hate the fact that they occasionally wrangle exclusive games that I actually want to play. I'd rather buy more direct from the creators if at all, but if it's the only way these games can get enough exposure.

Attached: file.png (834x278, 422.21K)

how bad is playdrm anyway? softdenchi seems shitty by reading the description, but i can't really find any info about playdrm's shittiness or relative worthlessness.

melonbooks is physical shit isn't it?

Is it better to buy games on DLsite or support the developers on Fantia?

They have digital/ebooks for doujins idk about games

they sell digital stuff

same goes for steam by your logic, just use a steam emulator and every game will work fine unless there's a third part drm like denuvo

>bought a game's official english translation from them
>enter the key, boot it up and it gives me an error, saying that it can't find music files (in japanese locale of course)
>check music files
>it's all gibberish shit in place of japanese song names
>download game's fan translation from f95 and swap the music files from the fan translation to te official one
>it works
Some storefronts are literally selling shit that does not work at all on the site. Site's shit.

Attached: 1627683295355.png (823x978, 894.41K)

Steam DRM is opt-out for devs, the default state is having DRM. DLSite is opt-out.

DLSite is opt-in, sorry.

Steam itself is DRM. You're not downloading a file that you have on your computer to do with however you please. GoG is the same as DLSite.

>want some doujins that never got scanned
>don't live in japan
>can't buy digital version instead because fucking nobody ever sell shit outside of comiket

steam's drm is pretty much just for show, just download any steam emulator (goldberg's for example) and it'll patch the game for you so you can play it without steam, that's how most steam games are cracked

You say that like steam doesn't famously sell a non functional version of vtmb

Part of the reason no one wants to sell their doujins digitally is because they have to censor it, and each and every digital platform has their own nonsense mosaic policy. DLSite's policy hasn't changed from what it was in the late 1990s, which makes Fanza's more draconian censorship perplexing.

works on my machine

>dumbass censorship laws apply even to manga
Why? I thought Japan was based in acknowledging reality and fiction are two separate things?