I realized I can't play new turn-based RPGs anymore

I realized I can't play new turn-based RPGs anymore.
If I played it as a kid then I can replay it again just fine because of nostalgia. But for non-nostalgic turn-based RPGs, I can't stand how slow it is. It's literally unplayable.
Example games in the genre: Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, Suikoden, Pokemon, FFX and before, etc.
How did we ever stand such slow and terrible gameplay?

Attached: TurnBasedRPG.webm (512x448, 1.43M)

i like the resource management you have to do when you are low level. jrpgs are too easy usually

Who's this "we"?
I'm sorry that your attention span has deteriorated, zoomer faggot. I personally adore slow-burn games and tactical turn-based combat, and loathe that every single game tries to be either a shooter or another Souls-trash clone.

t. 35yo Millennial, just had great time with DQ11 and Persona 5 before that. Still playing chill Civ6 skirmishes every week with buddies.

Dragon Quest is the only one that’s too slow. The others are not to long at all. Aren’t Suikoden 1 and 2

I enjoy card games, strategy games, board games as well as turn based RPGs all have non real time gameplay and are perfectly enjoyable. You just have a low attention span for that type of game, and that's fine. We all have different tastes.

Attached: 1652150131025.jpg (2480x3508, 1.34M)

I know this is a mockup but I'd love to play it. Looks like a slick modern version of old SMT games.

Try smt, 4 and 4A are very fast combat wise. I found JRPGs really difficult to get into until I played them.

what game is this?

I've played Pokemon, FF6, FF7, FF9, Suikoden, CT, etc games before and I can play them again because of nostalgia. But let's be real here, most of the gameplay outside of bosses is just mashing the A button.

They're far preferable to mash attack while your party never shuts the hell up simulators.

yes yes you should only like the most popular mass appeal genres
anyone else feeling sleepy?

It isn't a mockup, an user here's making it. He made a Touhou Megaman X clone like half a year back too and sold that on Steam.

He's the Russian guy, right? I remember he mocked Tasofor for not making a game on time despite having a lot of staff and then he caught COVID and had to put his game on hold lel

NOooooooooooo the boomer is using the millenial term correctly REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>How did we ever stand such slow [and terrible] gameplay
I could say the same thing about a lot of real-time games, particularly contemporary open world meme ones that have you running around endlessly, as well as pointless combat encounters that you can't really skip. If they were turn-based, they could have had systems like quick movement (select the location you want to move to, the game figures out the shortest path and processes each movement step internally, but unless something unexpected happens, you move across the map instantly) and you could defeat outleveled chaff enemies by holding down attack key or activating a macro that executes some attack combo. And indeed, that's how a lot of turn-based games work, it's just a specific subset with a menu-based system or whatever you want to call it that are necessarily slow-paced.

Yes, and?

What do you think of Troubleshooter?

Play Potato Flowers in Full Bloom

I think its tranny garbage

Close your eyes
Keep pressing the A button
Yawn
Repeat for each random encounter

Odd. It's tactical turn-based and slow burn so I thought you'd like it.

>slow and terrible gameplay
But realtime games are also slow and terrible just as often. shit games are in no way exclusive to turnbased games.

Also the 2hu RPGs are excellent. You've got shit taste.