I think 99% of JRPGs suck because they are badly paced

I think 99% of JRPGs suck because they are badly paced
There I said it

Attached: 9c7.jpg (720x759, 69.62K)

What's that 1% though? Those are the games I want to play.

They suck because they’re for fags

They suck because the writing is unbearable and most of the time you are not playing.

the shorter ones don't have that problem

>short
>jrpg
loool
they need to make every game at least 50 hours

I feel this is more of a problem with modernized ones that feel the need to have hundreds of hours of content and padding without adding too much to the world or the story itself. Some games do an "ok" job at it but typically things are not fleshed out enough to justify their length

Even TRPGs seem to be suffering from this more and more. Triangle Strategy, while a great game, had a bunch of padding, with the routes themselves not really having too much of a bearing on anything except for the golden ending and stats for the proper split near the end, and Three Houses is "padding, the game"

oh and persona 5 is a dogshit vn
>its the best thing evurr
Only weebs say this shit
protip no one likes you

>brings P5 out of nowhere
Obsessed

>they are badly paced
pacing is literally the only thing jrpg does right. but you're too retarded to understand that.

Your mom was badly paced when she was hopping on my cock

>VN for 25 min
>gameplay for 5 min
>Back to VN for 20 min
repeat 160 times and you got a jrpg
Waow nice pacing bro

The Japanese don't know how to end their stories. Everything from anime to manga to video games just meanders endlessly and can't ever decide when to wrap it up. If they actually do finally end it, its completely rushed and nonsensical. Every JRPG becomes retarded at the end because of this.

Nah there are some good jrpgs. What I find overrated on this board especially are the stories and characters.
>Xeno series entry has 10/10 characters/stories, FF entry has 10/10 stories/characters, Persona entry has 10/10 story/characters, DQ entry has 10/10 story/characters etc.
I find it hard to believe that every single jrpg is that good considering that a lot of them use the same jap tropes.

It's the worst Persona yet faggot

persona 5 ending with 'kill god' was so stupid lol

Persona 4 is worse though

Imagine giving a single fuck what anyone born in the 90's thinks.

What is a gameplay fire?

>Imagine giving a single fuck what anyone born in the 90's thinks.
Why do you think op was born in the 90s

Xenogears has 10/10 characters, though lots are ignored. It also has a 10/10 story, though pacing is like 2/10. Xenoblade less so. FF is overrated in terms of characters, even 6 is like 7/10. Stories are usually mediocre. Persona is overrated story and character wise, 4/10. I haven’t played DQ.

WRPG fans be like:

YOOOOOO.
THESE CHARACTERS FIRE

Attached: shades of brown.png (1036x362, 23.94K)

Agreed, you should play quality Western RPGs such as Cyberpunk, Fallout 4/76 and Skyrim.
I'm not a huge JRPG fan, but WRPGs are worse. Fallout New Vegas was the last WRPG worth a fuck.

Because everyone with a retarded idea in modern day was born in that decade. We should've aborted them when we had the chance. Their indoctrination is irreversible.

Attached: 2936.jpg (813x545, 110.16K)

>JRPG fans when pressing 'B' to move text forward for the nine thousand fiver hundred and forty sixth time
YOOO THIS GAMEPLAY THO

Persona 3 isn't overrated in terms of plot and characters I feel, but usually those who worship it don't seem to actually understand the game.
Persona 4 is garbage
Persona 5 starts good, but couldn't commit and ruined everything, becoming Persona 4's plot and characters but worse by the end

So you are a zoomer or what

Every game is 95+% math. I wouldn't expect to someone posting nigger memes to understand that.

Attached: 90's babies.jpg (1139x898, 225.56K)

>niggerspeak

Attached: Dragon-Quest-XI-Preview-Shot-(7).jpg (1920x1080, 961.04K)

This is the gayest image I have ever seen on this website and I've accidentally clicked /y/ before

I dont get if you are a zoomer who thinks 90s kids are retarded or a boomer
Imagine being born in the 2000s and sharing your opinion
would be mega cringe indeed

Yep, that's a menu.

Attached: 9c7.jpg (720x759, 114.83K)

Yep that's Microsoft Excel.