THE FIGHTING GAME FANTASY

THE FIGHTING GAME FANTASY
>It's just you vs your opponent
>the best man wins
>you'll get better with practice and competition

THE FIGHTING GAME REALITY
>it's you vs your opponent's wifi, the dev's nerf/buff cycle, the netcode, the TO, and whatever physical distance you can reasonably travel
>bracket fixing although rare is seen at all levels of competitive play
>you can only get good practice against appropriately skilled players under ideal circumstances, aka local play

THE SHMUP FANTASY
>it's just memorization
>they're full of cheap deaths to munch quarters

THE STG REALITY
>memorizing entire sections is unreasonable especially with games having some degree of randomization
>nearly every modern STG has some kind of defensive option to get out of a pinch and they're designed by players for players so bullshit is forbidden
>you can always get just as good of practice as any world class player any time you want since everyone is playing under the same conditions

why do fighting game players think they're above single player games?

Attached: finalnotjehuty.webm (720x480, 2.94M)

>it's you vs... the TO... bracket fixing
Never understood why people get mad about their bracket. If you get far by avoiding good players you haven't proven that you're good. As someone who was one of the top 2 players in their country at Street Fighter (at one point), if you can't play well enough to beat everyone in the bracket, at least on a good day, then the win isn't worth much. Prizes are improving but still mediocre.

Yet people still bitch and moan about brackets and cry they're fixed. Even the best players in the world do this. If it's about a bad match up then learn a secondary that you can win it with. Or practice it more.

STG is very niche and unless you appeal to the hardcore fans your game won't sell. There is no new audience to court.

THE Any Forums FANTASY
>threads about video games made by people who like video games

THE Any Forums REALITY
>threads sometimes about video games by people who want attention

>why do fighting game players think they're above single player games?
because they like the competition?

trannies

This looks like a Thunderforce V ripoff

Are you having trouble letting go of fighting games or something?

user if you're gonna shill at least give me the name

feels bad to get fucked out of gas money. everybody hates it when they know they would have placed better if the bracket worked out for them.
>practice it more
the upside to getting knocked out early is that you actually can practice it more with the other losers.
devil engine is basically a thunder force "loveletter" aka ripoff

i don't see the problems with ripoffs really. i'm all for it. there should be more indies filling the niches fg devs left when they started their accessibility crusade

WHERE IS THE DLC?

never. just keep using the trial code and 1cc the demo

He will never be allowed to release it. It's been finished for like two years now.

What the nigger fuck is STG. Gosh you nerds are annoying as hell. Touch grass, unironically. I don't know why Gen Z has such a fetish for making up bullshit new acronyms and initialisms all the time but it makes me see red.

Why is there suddenly an influx of faggots trying to create some kind of retarded internet fight between fighting games fans and shmups fans?

Hey nerds, I want to make a shmup and I have some questions:

Do you prefer vertical or horizontal?

Do you prefer to play as a ship/mecha or a cute girl?

Do you prefer cute artstyles or more "serious" realistic artstyles?

What do you hate or find boring about this genre?

Attached: 1642899191063.jpg (1300x919, 831.22K)

WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG WHAT THE FUCK IS STG

Fucking answer me, stinkies

completly different genres with completly different appeals. you're a retard

>Abbreviation of シューティングゲーム (shūtingu gēmu)
Lazy nigger, this abbreviation is older than you are

>call others gen Z but don't even know what a fucking STG is
>can't do a simple search like "stg game"
>can't even take a fucking guess by looking at OP's webm

zoombrain

Oh so it's a faggoted way of saying "shooting game" or just "shooter/'em up."

Good fucking lord no wonder you losers end up going mk ultra on people in malls and grocery stores from lack of sex—everything you do and say is literal opposite gender repellent.

case in fucking point

Attached: 1646081538079.png (253x235, 132.64K)

Vertical, but honestly doesn't matter.
Cute girls are cute but mecha is cool too.
Honestly just do whatever floats your boat so long as the style/theming is cohesive.

The only issue I have with the genre is how tedious it could get to practice certain sections. Often times a stage replay feature is either totally missing or has unreasonable unlock requirements leading to practicing for a 1cc being a massive grind where you have to replay the whole ass game just to try and figure out a single itty bitty section of a stage.

>Mr.Heli
based and chopperpilled

holy shit

Attached: 1643996786539.jpg (680x588, 45.27K)

Its a Japanese abbreviation you dumb fuck. It crossed borders when Japanese games were marketed with the abbreviation and it stuck, like many other genre-defining nomenclature the reason is marketing.

it's okay, user, you just suck at video games. you don't have to cry about it on the internet

Why are you so desperate for clout on fucking Any Forums of all places, nobody cares about your high score in whatever kusoge you play, fucking retard, you're still a human failure
Verti
Ship/Mecha
Artstyle doesn't matter as long as it's on point
>What do you hate or find boring about this genre?
Danmaku, scoring faggotry that enables suicide tactics, puzzle shooters

Attached: 1639278552731.png (649x763, 505.59K)

>Hey nerds, I want to make a shmup
Nice, me too.
Whats gonna be your hook to get people to try it out? Sure a lot of games (sequels especially) can make way for themselves by being "More of X" but even something novel can make it stand out if you have something in mind, even if its just the presentation.