How important are camera angles in games?

How important are camera angles in games?

Attached: Camera angle in games.jpg (1686x1400, 1.45M)

As important as cinematography in film. It's integral to a high quality experience.

It makes a massive difference

Depends on genre

Cameras like on left are dogshit for games with more combat than climbing, I need to see my fucking enemies, always hated locked cameras like that.

Everything is important.
An example of the inverse is Half Life not having cutscenes and keeping to a first person perspective. This too is a creative choice to evoke a feeling of connection between the player and the main character.
It does not matter what perspective is chosen so long as the perspective is done for a reason.

>elden ring camera
>functional
Pick one, motherfucker.

I would say about important as but i am not totally convinced the scale might be off you do have the tism though undoubtedly.

>it all feels bland and generic
if you are bland and generic maybe, it’s not a fucking movie you know you can actually move the camera god help me and kill off the retards fuuuuuuuuuuck

Very, but if somebody has a GDC talk on it you'll find that the room is almost empty. Video games is younger than young , it's embryotic.

ER plays about twenty times better than left.

This. If you want to watch a movie, camera angles are important. If you want to play a videogame, give the control of the camera to the player.

Attached: Rekt by Godskin Duo.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

This is so limiting. Taking the camera control away from the player sometimes is good.

Upskirt angles are a forgotten art.

I wouldn't call FromSoft "Modern AAA".

Has rule of thirds ever mattered in a gameplay context?

i do like this unique part of old source games (and just older games in general). pretty cool having no cutscenes and having things always play out live
i think there's a limit to this. sometimes it can be disorienting or cumbersome to play when your perspective keeps changing, thus throwing off your movement and aim. like the first resident evil

Extremely

Attached: Resident Evil 2 (Original vs Remake).jpg (1496x1192, 390.94K)

You must think life is pretty soulless because you view it from a first person perspective with an interactive camera and you don't view yourself through a lens somewhere in a corner.

This cherrypick is still funnier and funner than the entirety of SotC

Taking control away is limiting. It is a limitation of control by definition.