Skyrim population: ~ 9,700,000

>Skyrim population: ~ 9,700,000
>Number of people fighting in the civil war: 10

Attached: skyrim battle for whiterun.jpg (1280x720, 100.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_of_the_Thirty
youtu.be/y-5ZhkfPczA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not our war to fight.

>why can't a RPG made in 2011 for consoles support 9,700,000 sprites!

Fuck off.

Attached: 1644436253996.jpg (360x507, 43.21K)

Mod it, that's the answer to every Bethesda game.

Why aren't wars fought like this anyway? Imagine if instead of butchering millions of men in WW2 axis and allies just picked a 1000 gigachaddest warrirors on each side and had them decide it in an open field.

This

Not a single 3D TES, even Any Forumss beloved Morrowind, is made to scale.
If you care about scale, play Daggerfall (the only good TES)

Not good for business. War needs hundreds of millions of customers to profit from.

Realistically scaled environments and set pieces are unfeasible with console technology in mind, and also generally not very fun to explore either because it is near impossible to put enough meaningful content all over the now massive game world.

They shouldn't even try to make cities and battles if they can't manage to make it feel even half-believable. I don't know why but Bethesda keeps doing this, trying to make epic moments, and it just comes off as pathetic.
Because the losing side would have no reason not to just keep fighting after, especially if a lot is at stake. Such duels did play a part in warfare though, but it was most prominent in small-scale tribal warfare where tribes that didn't have manpower to spear did not want their men dying in great numbers. Or if men just wanted to look very chivalrous.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_of_the_Thirty

I never saw a war in my Skirym playthroughs

What do I do

Why don't the presidents fight the wars?

the game still gets released today
they kept on reselling the same trash game for a decade now, they could change something

Attached: az82QbZ_460s.jpg (460x369, 33.06K)

>Realistically scaled environments and set pieces are unfeasible with console technology in mind

Attached: acu_crowdd.jpg (4396x1848, 1.64M)

Because the elite will now and forever exploit those beneath them for their own gain. Why risk your life when Timmy the high school dropout enlists because he likes call of duty?

Too much at stake and you can't really enforce it. If Putin wants to use ballistic missiles then he's going to use them. You by proxy then have no choice but to invest in such weapons unless you want to get curbstomped in a future war.

Attached: war has changed.png (1100x1829, 2.84M)

Dude I just realized having simulated army battles in Daggerfall's framework would be sick

In regards to the scale of a whole ass country you clown. I can't believe I even have to clarify this.

>shouldnt try to make battles if they cant make it believable
This game has dragons in it, retard

this is just the ole "lets just let wrestling tobblers decide the wars" idea.

Are you wondering why a 11 year old game can't handle 9,700,000 NPCs on screen?

Attached: 1643516460241.jpg (500x586, 54.31K)

But why do they always send the poor?

Until they make Elderscrolls games with the same scale as Daggerfall(1996) view all of the smaller scaled continents as romanticized and consolidated forms of the Elderscrolls world. I suspect that in the future we'll be rolling around in Mount and Blade type of fast travel interfaces (with the option to actually hoof it across Tamriel but like Daggerfall it'll take hours to maybe even days to reach your destination). I expect things to get pretty interesting in Elderscrolls 8 or 9.

>dumb faggot tries to be smart

if they start launching dildos out of their ass it will be jarring even if you would enjoy it, dumbfuck

because we haven't had a president of serving age. biden and trump were both in their 70s

9.7 mirrion troops

Attached: TakFuji.jpg (275x205, 21.37K)

Says the retard who said games shouldn’t even try to replicate things from the real world if they can’t get it 100% accurate

>Civil War
Whatever I just live with my minotaur wife in peace.

I think you have a fairly tenuous grasp on language, and the entire concept of fiction in general. The whole purpose of fiction is to draw you in, and make the location, no matter how much it may differ from this reality, feel believable. If it isn't internally consistent, anyone who isn't a complete halfwit will notice, and his enjoyment will suffer as a consequence.

>games shouldn’t even try to replicate things from the real world if they can’t get it 100% accurate
Yes.

Attached: 1533169215789.jpg (573x561, 58.08K)

It's about how the NPCs are designed and how resource-heavy they are. Skyrim's NPCs are badly designed and that's why they weigh down the whole game.

moments like these will always ruin games for me

Why doesn't every nation just send their strongest guy to fight the other nation's strongest guy?

behold, the midwit

But what if our guy loses?

im sad i dont get many reasons to use these anymore

Attached: 1547570513881.png (255x457, 147.39K)

>bu-buh its and old game
Shogun 2 came out in the same year and it had massive battles with thousands of mens.

In that screenshot from AC Unity is probably as many NPCs as there are in the whole of Skyrim

>USA population: ~300,000,000
>number of people fighting in a territory "war" between two gangs: 10
Same thing. Why would most people care.

Shogun is an rts

unironically kill yourself

unity was pretty good

and? that has no effect on performance.

Because that's how you get Idiocracy to happen. People would vote in their favourite wrestler instead of anyone who knows what they're doing with the country.

Attached: 1652644627514.jpg (1280x720, 163.62K)

>sprites
What is it? 1990?

I DON'T THINK YOU TRUST. IN. MY.

First thing that came to mind
youtu.be/y-5ZhkfPczA

Total war didnt have a problem in 2010

Why do they even have to fight? Why not just an arm wrestling competition? Best out of 3.

>Skyrim population: ~ 9,700,000
>Skyrim map size: ~15 sq miles
>Skyrim population density: ~650,000 per square mile
>Entirety of Skyrim six times more dense than the world's most dense city, and nine times more dense than Manhattan

kek. that was irritating me too. this thread is an absolute shit show.

made for 256mb RAM

literally less than an avg chrome tab

Attached: 1392469714572.png (250x250, 148.52K)

Whatever country or city you're from, there is very likely a war or some tension between the two leading syndicates happening right now. Go fight.

user, the map size in game is scaled down, in lore the map is much bigger.

It's also not the middle ages and whatever country I live in is likely to not have mandatory levies or conscription like the middle ages you absolute fucking braindead faggot.
I repeat: kill yourself.

I don't remember Skyrim claiming they drafted the whole population.

lmao