Is this true? Does gaming make you smarter?

Is this true? Does gaming make you smarter?

Attached: 1652640591041.jpg (1080x1260, 301.96K)

No

I don't doubt this. You at least have to think while playing most video games.

Yeah I believe so. I don’t trust people who haven’t played games

yeah

Yeah but it's like asking if crack makes you skinnier

Any Forums doesn't play video games. So I'd say yes.

TV is absolute retard mind-numbing shit, especially nowadays.

Depends on the game. I'd say some competitive multiplayer are actually challenging the brain in all good ways.

back when games wan't made for normies with zero attention span, sure. not today tho, modern games rots you brain

Attached: snowball.gif (221x228, 2.14M)

As a kid, I was more thoughtful with video games than I am now, doing simple calculations on XP gain in Runescape to see how much time it'll take to reach X level or how much ore would be needed to reach X amount of money.
Nowadays the only thought I put into games is spatial, like building layouts in Minecraft or plans of attack in Hunt Showdown.

I've done nothing but play games 14+ hours a day for 30 years and i'm pretty much the smartest guy on the planet.

gaymer bros, we've won!

yeah if you're playing mario 64 not call of duty fruity and mass errect faggots drama

It depends on which game really.
If it's fighting games, RTSs, TBS, or certain specific shooters, then yeah you'll be forced to learn and thus get smarter.

weren't there other studies that said screentime for kids negatively affects memory and language development?

I don't doubt that it does compared to a movie or TV show because to play a game you must be constantly engaged, you don't just watch things happen passively and absorb information, you learn information, you retain information and to get more information you must prove that you retained previous information.

Pair these type of headlines up with their respective market performances for the truth.

Attached: 1554751624041.gif (419x292, 2M)

Gaming can improve physical fitness and aid weightloss (for the best effects practice in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise)

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 499.16K)

Can confirm
I'm the only one on this board who plays video games, and I'm smarter than all you fucks.

No, it doesn't. This has been done many times in randomized experiments and it doesn't.
And it's easy to see what the authors did wrong: they are using a confounded-to-hell sample

>They found that the children who spent an above-average time playing video games increased their intelligence more than the average, while TV watching or social media had neither a positive nor a negative effect.
And the reason they have convinced themselves that their effect is not the massive levels of confounding is that, among other things, they used a weak polygenic score to measure a tiny fraction of genetic contribution to intelligence, and then declared they "controlled for genetics".

Heritability of intelligence is >50%. Using a PGS predicting 7% does not justify claims like "while controlling for the confounding effects of genetic differences in cognition and socioeconomic status", because you have still not accounted for >43% of variance from genes. And then there's all the rest of intelligence variance...

I played video games all day my entire life and Im fucking retarded