When did you realize it was the last soulful Nintendo generation?

When did you realize it was the last soulful Nintendo generation?

>backwards compatibility (Switch has none)
>home menu customization (Switch has black or white backgrounds)
>dumb apps and minigames (Switch has none)
>actual libraries that can stand on their own (best Switch game is still a Wii-U game)
>Virtual Console that actually let you buy games a la carte (Switch has OOT for $50/year)
>Wii-U could buy DS and Wii roms off the eShop (Switch still can't even do GBA)
>Miiverse (Switch can't even be trusted to have an internet browser)
>Xenoblade Chronicles X (Need I say more?)

Was Iwata really responsible for all the life and soul that goes into Nintendo systems?

Attached: wii_u_3ds.jpg (1460x821, 79.36K)

BASED
Plus it's absolutely unbelieveable what you can do if you mod both of those.

>Was Iwata really responsible for all the life and soul that goes into Nintendo systems
As someone who liked the Wii a lot and places it among my favorite consoles of all time, yes. Wii U honestly could have been one of the best consoles ever made because of its potential, but of course it was never realized (not even close).

>switch is such a dogshit system that now people are looking back fondly on the garbage that was the Wii u/3ds era
Holy kek. Only Nintendo can get away with this. Switch 2 will just be adding features like themes and virtual console and it will be seen as the 2nd coming of Christ to tendies.

So Iwata was the one that really save nintendo?! :O

>Only Nintendo can get away with this
What's going to happen to your console now that EA didn't get the rights for FIFA?

>Switch 2 will just be adding features like themes and virtual console
>Virtual console
Do you know why I believe you? Because this would mean that the people who buy the new console (which I honestly don't think will be a Switch 2, but if it is, OK) will have to buy all of the old games again with no carry over from the previous console. Or if there is carry over it means you have no access to them on the Switch. It sounds exactly like something Nintendo would do especially now.

>Wii U
>soul
Zoomer detected. Miiverse was funny, but it wasn’t fun to browse or use. The games were dreadful and the drought was even worse. Maybe you were 10 when it came out, but it doesn’t make it any good. I still think it sucks and the Switch is better. I won’t let any Wii U revisionism happen.

3DS fucking sucked.

Now do the Switch.

Care to extrapolate?

Apply your same standards of console quality used against the 3DS and Wii-U to the Switch, like OP did.

What was it about the 3DS that just wasn't close to as appealing as the original DS/DS Lite? I ask because I agree that the 3DS wasn't as good as their other handhelds. I liked the Wii U though and just saw that as untapped potential more than anything else.

Idk what you mean. 3DS had tons of good games, it was easily moddable, and had tons of customization. It was much better than the switch.

I loved the system itself, Nintendo was at their worst in terms of creativity and hand holding though so it went to waste. Thank God for Kid Icarus Uprising though, that game was amazing.

Perhaps it's personal preference, but the 3DS had lot of games (albeit after the price cut and people started actually buying it and devs actually making games for it), but not a lot that I would personally care much for. The DS has more of a library of games I'd wanted and when they had 3DS Directs and such, I found myself not caring nearly as much about the games I was seeing. I was also hoping to see more Wii U stuff, but of course it took a backseat to 3DS for obvious reasons.

>It was much better than the switch.
I agree with this also, but I'd compare Switch more to Wii U and even then I'd say Wii U was better. I've just not been a fan of Nintendo's stuff here recently. That said I've not cared about much on Xbox and especially PS for a long time.

>snoys are so mindbroken by the switch outselling the PS4 that they’re pretending to like the Wii U
Top kek, although to be fair I really didn’t think it was going to happen either
t. Proud Wii U owner

Attached: 7C72784B-695E-462E-8848-71C9DC92916E.jpg (394x534, 60.71K)

More like the switch is so shit it managed to make the Wii-U look like a soulful masterpiece.

Maybe good sales don't translate to soul, seems like the opposite is true if anything.

I say the same thing about cheapest DVD player.

considering soul means 'old and bad', in 5 years we'll see Switch as soulful.

Idk how you can get more soulless than the switch. I mean it literally just plays games, mostly mass produced indie games from Steam. The switch 2 would have to be pretty bad for me to call the switch soul.

lol

>a video game console only being able to play video games is soulless
Glad we agree that everything nintendo released before the wii was soulless.

DS had pictochat. Even the GBA had tons of cool and fun gimmicky games you could get for it. Even before that GameCube had fun gimmicky shit like using your GBA to play as Tingle in Windwaker or playing GBA games on your GameCube.

One aspect of Nintendo consoles I always liked was it always felt like a toy that could play video games. Now it's literally just a soulless Android tablet that can play switch games and indie games, nothing else.

>I mean it literally just plays games
>Soulless
I agree that the Switch is Nintendo's least soulful console they've ever made for a lot of reason (UI being one of them), but this is the dumbest statement I've read on Any Forums. "Just playing games" would be THE reason to call Switch soulful at all if there was a reason to.

switch modding scene is basically on par, if not better (more processing power so more usecases) with them, besides being a tethered exploit

Cope. Miiverse was fun. Pictochat was fun. 3DS badge arcade was fun.

I know you faggots liked them too because you still talk about them. You can drop the facade and stop acting like you're a big bad gamer who only likes to play games.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017_11_08_at_3.31.37_PM.0.jpg (1200x800, 368.08K)

The Wii U was the opposite of soul. That was the most sterile era of Nintendo games.

Also streetpass was fun. Especially if you were in college like me getting 50+ passes a day

How? Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles X still mog the entire switch library.

Breath of the Wild is a crossgen game.