If WB Games is so hell bent on making more Batman games over other DC heroes...

If WB Games is so hell bent on making more Batman games over other DC heroes, then why not actually do something new people are actually asking for like a Beyond game? How would you structure Neo Gotham, what gameplay elements would you do, and would you build it upon Arkham canon?

Attached: Batman Beyond1.png (900x882, 95.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twistedvoxel.com/canceled-batman-arkham-knight-sequel-concept-art/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You are now hearing the Batman Beyond theme in your head.

Management of the Batman video games has been so fucking bad since the sudden success of Rocksteady games, it pisses me off. It’s been eight FUCKING years, and you have nothing to show for it but a gameplay preview of a “not-Batman” game that looks like shit. Why didn’t you just let Rocksteady run through all the successful comic Batman stories like they were already doing, and let some other group make shitty spin-offs. Instead you’ll cannibalize Rocksteady in your dream world of a gigantic MCU+GaaS but for video games. Fuck I hate American video games so FUCKING much.

Now imagine how you would make that concept interesting?
Now imagine how WB would go about making that a reality within a 9 month development time.
Now imagine how modern corporate greed would taint and shit up everything.
Now stop imagining. You've spent enough time reflecting on why this is a awful desire to have in reality.

Attached: 1592863182875.png (217x286, 135.88K)

Beyond was certainly an anomaly that had no reason being as good as it was. You pitch the premise even now, you'd instantly would have hated it upon hearing it for the first time. But even with executive demands, they made it work.
I find that a lot of small devs gaining success tend to speed into ruin due to micromanaging from superiors, and the talent leaving as they're bogged down by demands or new hires. I can tell you already a good chunk of Rocksteady talent left during AK's production, which Dini didn't even write by that time. WB also wanted to milk the game too thanks to blatantly cutting side missions to sell at a later date. But even then I'm amazed WB has slept on this given the popularity and creative possibility of the premise

Instead they opted for GAAS bullshit with Gotham Knights

Attached: Batman Beyond.jpg (800x1200, 213K)

I'd be concerned on how you would create Neo Gotham too, preventing another Cyberpunk 2077 situation

Personally I'd like to see a Shadow of Mordor/War style experience for a Batman Beyond game. That way you'd keep the original look and feel of the Arkham games but not have it be a carbon copy.
>big open world playground Neo Gotham
>game is to work your way through the different crime gangs and villains
>utilize the Nemesis system; if you beat one gang another can get stronger, or a gang could splinter off from another large group, or even straight up defect
>utilize the different Beyond villains as themes for the different gangs
>gain abilities and such from defeating certain gangs

See my concern and anticipation is about the vertical flying with the wings and batmobile

It's been a while but did he fly per se or was it more of a more controlled glide style like OG Animated Batman had? As for the Batmobile, make flying plausible but not probable. Give the gangs anti air shit so you can in theory just fly into the middle of a gang controlled hot spot but doing so you risk getting blown up. Naturally the area you gain as Gotham controlled will allow free flying without issue.

Unless they could mimic the art style with cel shading or something it would look like generic possibly ugly Unreal look

>It's been a while but did he fly per se or was it more of a more controlled glide style like OG Animated Batman had?
He could fly. Terry had jet boots and the wings provided directional control.
>As for the Batmobile, make flying plausible but not probable.
But Beyond's Batmobile was essentially a flying car like in the movie 5th Element. Having it just float on the ground would be lame

I think BB is the weakest DCAU series. Not counting Static Shock and The Zeta Project, since I haven't watched those and they weren't made by the main DCAU crew anyway.

>I think BB is the weakest DCAU series.
Honestly Beyond is more consistently good than BTAS

They tried to do a Batman Beyond Arkham game and it got cancelled because it just wasn't panning out. Was going to have Damian as Batman instead of Terry tho

>Was going to have Damian as Batman instead of Terry tho
the fuck

>Lets try and make an ambitious Superman game, it doesn't have to be a boring open world Metropolis, but some space adventure, a cool action game.
No
>How about a Batman Beyond game, this gives us the opportunity to make an even bigger, cyberpunk Gotham city, a new character with different abilities, new enemies and hell, lets call Dini back to write an interesting story.
NO
>ok, I guess we can do some woke, garbage looking suicide squad game and some co-op painfully boring looking batman game without batman...
Yas queen!

maybe, but BTAS has a lot of really great episodes and the villains are a lot more memorable

It's not going to just float, its risk/reward flying. You would in theory be able to fly anywhere and everywhere, but you risk getting shot down.

>Sidequest where you get called to an industrial theft, but find nothing when you actually get there. Next time you return to the Batcave, an event occurs where you find out Inque had stowed away in the Batmobile and is now in the cave. Have to use your gadgets and fighting skills to buy enough time for old man Bruce to get the firehose or Mr. Freeze's gun and imprison Inque
Fuck I'd kill for an Arkham Beyond game but the way they sidelined Terry ever since the tv show ended makes me think it'll never be a priority no matter how many years pass. Damien is the only son of Bruce they're interested in pushing now, and nobody likes that little uppity faggot.
Yeah, wasting Rocksteady for 8 years with nothing shipped is insane. During the City-Knight years I genuinely think Rocksteady was the best videogame developer in the world. Their output was so high quality and fun I would've played yearly Arkham games if they'd had the manpower to make them. But no, let's put them on Suicide Squad duty and force them to shit out a Sunset Overdrive clone with Harley fucking Quinn.
>Batman?
Oh we'll give that to WB Montreal to fuck up. Hell yeah, totally epic looter action game that doesn't actually have Batman in it. Holy fuck I hope someone lost their job over this bungling.

I will never understand how DC decided they were going to push the Suicide Squad, of all people, as their big team alongside the Justice League.

Attached: 62172222c794969d7c1f214e3d63416644de87c18c83385e78e8f105b427841d.jpg (1024x640, 77.05K)

Yup, there was even some concept art that leaked
twistedvoxel.com/canceled-batman-arkham-knight-sequel-concept-art/

Attached: goran-bukvic-03-scaled.jpg (2560x1104, 228.46K)

See the thing about BTAS is that it has higher highs than most DCAU shows/episodes, but lacks consistent quality. For every Heart of Ice tier episode, there's about 5 forgettable episodes we don't talk about like Underdwellers or Batman in Basement. Even Superman TAS had more consistent quality, and arguably better DCAU foundation, than BTAS

God WB is so fucking trash man.