ELDEN RING LORE THREAD

The Beast edition.

Reminder to ignore and hide posts telling you to not discuss lore with someone. Keep it civil!

Attached: 50FD79AA-7799-4E93-BB72-B1574A6B54E7.png (5536x1280, 1.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OWkH8z7mir4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would rather not partake in a discussion about made up garbage with a bunch of pseuds

welcome to Any Forums

Death and the undead are a regular occurrence in the lands between according to the following item descriptions

---

Greatsword patterned after the black steeple of the Helphen, the lampwood which guides the dead of the spirit world.

The lamplight is similar to grace in appearance, only it is said that it can only be seen by those who met their death in battle

Usher of Death, Rosus, who shows the path to the catacombs throughout the Lands Between, is depicted on this ritual axe.

The dead easily lose their way, and have always been in sore need of a guiding hand.

Summons a group of Those Lost in Death. Three skeletons will appear some distance from the caster and attack foes before disappearing.

The dead have long been left to wander; what they need is leadership

The dead gazed at the skies over the lakes of Limgrave, praying that the dragons' flames would burn them to ash.

The spirits of nobles who, after death, now wander the Lands Between. Surely they were in search of something once - but whatever it was has long been forgotten

> When the Elden Ring was shattered, these seeds flew from the Erdtree, scattering across the various lands, as if life itself knew that its end has come.

It's all the same tree, and the elden ring has always been a part of it. ever since the ring came down to TLB and created life. Old erdtree incantations are are called crucible incantations. The oldest erdtree incantation is elden stars.

>This is a manifestation of the Erdtree's primal vital energies—an aspect of the primordial crucible, where all life was once blended together.

Another place where life is attributed to the greater will:

[310053040] All that there is came from the One Great.
[310053050] Then came fractures, and births, and souls.
[310053060] But the Greater Will made a mistake.
[310053070] Torment, despair, affliction. Every sin, every curse.
[310053080] Every one, born of the mistake.
[310053090] And so, what was borrowed must be returned.
[310053100] Melt it all away, with the yellow chaos flame.
[310053110] Until all is One again.

Attached: 6AF9DDEF-D6A9-4725-B12B-12AAA5CB213B.png (2142x884, 1.99M)

Proper death has always been to return to the source of all life. All other forms of "death" lead to being some form of undead where you aren't truly dead like

Attached: 56621E52-F1DF-4436-A25A-0E2B5932E3CC.png (1024x6685, 1.54M)

In Marika's own words. I declare mine intent, to search the depths of the Golden Order. Through understanding of the proper way, our faith, our grace, is increased. Those blissful early days of blind belief are long past. My comrades; why must ye falter?

Please explain to me the last line.

Attached: 1652295021454.jpg (1181x1079, 113.19K)

>An eye engraved with an Elden Rune. Said to be the seal of Queen Marika.
>These seals represent the lifelong duty of those chosen by the gods.
>Solemn duty weighs upon the one beholden; not unlike a gnawing curse from which there is no deliverance.

The japanese text has the same idea. You are chosen by the GW, get a cute personalized Elden Rune but you're their bitch for until they get bored of you. No wonder Marika fucked everything up.

Attached: b46c22f9.png (1283x1000, 1.1M)

marika bestows this to someone, it's not hers lol. she has the entire elden ring

Fun facts people people missed that are probably true:

>If Marika controls grace then it's her giving grace to Morgott
>Jerren was probably an agent from the Carians/Ranni to assassinate Radahn for his star shenanigans but he's such a chad they became friends and settled for a death oath
>Malenia probably told Loretta and the Albinaurics about the Haligtree are personally handed off the second half of the Medallion when she walked through Lirunia
>That statue of an adult with infant Malenia/Miquella is probably Godwyn seeing how disposable Marika views her children and what she does to ones with ailments.
>The beastmen would die true deaths in Farum Azula and but it was into rock instead of roots.
>Godwyn is somehow in Farum Azula

Attached: elden beast.jpg (2009x2048, 128.22K)

Who is Neil, that both Mohg and Godrick talk about?

> Please explain to me the last line.

It's a reference to the line right before it. Belief in the order is faltering.

>Jerren was probably an agent from the Carians/Ranni to assassinate Radahn for his star shenanigans
This is false because Iji realizes that Radahn must go down to release Ranni's fate only after Jerren tells the player ''The next time you speak to Iji, tell him this: The festival of Radahn will surely set Ranni's fate into motion.''

that's why Hewgs loses the will to live at the end.

not red tinged

Attached: red tinged gold.png (1858x1199, 833.69K)

>A war festival honoring the last battle and death of General Radahn, the mightiest demigod of the Shattering, and bearer of a Great Rune.

What did Jerren mean by this? Did Radahn effectively die when Malenia nuked him?

he's basically a mindless corpse puppeted by scarlet rot now, so yeah

It's red tinged, compare to the pure gold tree in the background

Attached: 48DCAE2C-7C70-47CC-9637-19F1456F31F2.png (2481x1212, 2M)

as dead as Godwyn

MIYAZAKIIIIIIII

He's a shambling zombie, his brain is literally rotted away
only unga bunga now
wouldn't really say there is a person behind that skull

Are you retarded? The whole point of the festival is to kill him, which is why his death is obviously part of the celebration. I swear, ESLs are half the reason why people have such retarded takes on lore.

not even remotely close to the same color
red gold is literally red (kinda orange-pinkish)

How is he still using magic to hold back the stars without a brain? I'd say his higher functioning reasoning is gone but not the whole brain

He's still holding back the stars and can use gravity magic, which require some INT. I wouldn't say he's a zombie, but more like mad and attacking everything on sight. If he was actually completely braindead he would have eaten his horse a long time ago.

> The whole point of the festival is to kill him
Nice try schizo. Demigods can't die. Miyazaki says so himself

It's red tinged gold. You literally cannot deny this

Yes they can. They don't have grace anymore, which is the only way people can revive indefinitely. All the demigods you defeat in game, with the possible exception of Malenia and Rykard, are dead as fuck.

I was under the impression that he stopped the the stars with fear, because he kicked the creatures that came from there
so they come back when he died

Yes. Even after we defeat him he still lives inside Alexander.

No, it's not an Isshin situation where they're scared to invade because of him. He's literally holding them in place with gravity magic.

elden beast's vein things + tail regularly changes color throughout the fight, lighting up and darkening depending on what its currently doing, and even in their darkened state they look different from all red-tinged primordial gold items in the game

you can see the tail & veins lighting up and darkening here, unfortunately i have no gifs:
youtube.com/watch?v=OWkH8z7mir4

Do we get any clues as to what led the Dung Eater to become so crazed?

Attached: Blizzard Diversity Model Dung Eater 81.png (1552x1236, 564.29K)

So the mightiest thing comes from a fanboy who is hyping up warriors to a death match.

Maybe it's just a spell that doesn't requite concentration, as it would get removed when he died

No he's not. He's fucking dead. The corpse Alexander ate was a random redmane knight, which is proven by how the power he gets from it is a fire uppercut that you may see him use in Farum Azula or against Fire Giant. Radahn at no point showed any sort of fire magic, so it wouldn't make sense that Alexander got a fire power up from him.

Kind of a plothole isn't it?
Godrick is also super dead, probably the best example of a demigod being made into a rotten corpse since it doesn't just dissapear.
Death was made far too complicated for its own good, and Miazaki couldn't keep track of what he wrote.

Radahn great rune description

I accept your concession

user i just did

Attached: leafgun2.png (640x480, 533.36K)

Blaidd, who's been alive since before the shattering and has no alliance to Radahn also calls him the strongest demigod. And an item description also calls him that.

Strength is a stat. He has the highest strength for sure. But as we see with Malenia, Strength doesn't count for everything since there are other factors like rotnukes.

It comes from this, among other places, where it also shows he was smol.
>A talisman engraved with a scene from a heroic tale. Raises strength.
>The mightiest hero of the demigods confronted the falling stars alone—and thus did he crush them, his conquest sealing the very fate of the stars.

Attached: MENU_Knowledge_18070.png (1024x1024, 801.28K)

That's reaching lad. By that logic our character should get fire powers by equipping Radahn's great rune.

Is Godrick a descendant of Godwyn or some other unnamed demigod from Godfrey and Marika?

Doesn't matter, Radahn held fire in him to burn the rot and that's a fact.

Radahn vs Malenia is just the eternal str vs dex made into game lore. sasuga microwave.

Attached: 1638610262702.png (509x340, 126.09K)

Oh sorry, I was mistaken, they don't say strongest, but mightiest. What's your cope for that?

You do not get a "Slain" message when you kill any of the shardbearers, not one of them.
We will see them all again in some form if they ever do DLC.