I've never been able to finish it

It drops off so hard at Hong Kong

Attached: Deus Ex.jpg (202x250, 8.15K)

>drops off at the highest point of the game
what

filtered. I played this for the first time last fall, it was a blast. 20yrs+ and it holds up wonderfully.

I only got around to playing this in 2019. Nostalgia has nothing do do with how good DX1 is.

Hong Kong is probably the best hub of the game.

Yeah I don't get Hong Kong either, it's a fucking mess.

It doesn't, faggot, man the fuck up and push through to the end. You're not even halfway there, you shit.

I tried to get into the Hong Kong police station for 2 hours and could never figure how to get in before I realized I could just not do it the first time I played

cope

Deus Ex isn't nearly as open as people like to pretend it is

MJ12 Trooper: *coughs*

Attached: Jesus Christ Denton.png (476x412, 271.57K)

I enjoyed the game though
Something about Hong Kong though just pushed me away

Playing it for the first time right now, currently in the subway area killing pimps and drug dealers.

What am I in for the rest of the game?

A very good game

What exactly makes Hong Kong so much better than the rest of the game?

>bark
lol

I'll drop you off in HK

Attached: In da Fresh.webm (800x450, 2.98M)

I'm on my first playthrough rn. I absolutely love the game and it holds up really well despite it not doing anything in particular that well (gunplay, stealth and graphics (for the time))

Idk something about it clicks for me but I can't put my finger on it

I don't think people pretend it's open, just that it offers different ways of achieving objectives.

It drops off at Ocean Labs.

What a rotten way to die.

Attached: 432c808781eb3385f83057078174e5355deb1f09_full.jpg (184x184, 6.17K)

>get to the gas station
>kill all the troopers
>find Tiffany
>tell her to make a break for it
>whack her with the baton when she's not looking
>prod her ass
>still get thanks from Gary
Heh heh

Attached: 1651569304835.png (666x999, 867.13K)

How? The strength augment isn't on.

GMDX changes some the the aug behaviour

It's probably because it's closer to Super Mario 64 than its prequels.

You get a big open sandbox with an objective and you can go about it any way you want. There aren't a lot of extraneous details to get in the way, and you feel smart for outwitting the NPCs.

Maybe I didn't use that augment last time I played.

You can see it's one of those pathetic mods for people who want to fit in with the memes about this game but aren't actually good enough at games to play it properly with no mods

Most autistic post I’ve seen all day

GMDX makes it much harder than vanilla, you are the one trying to fit in, little zoom zoom.

Let me guess, GMDXerino for your first playthrough you disgusting putrid pieces of cow shit?

My first playthrough was in 2002 you little faglord.

Aaaaaaaaaand he’s coping!

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP LEAVE ME ALONE LEAVE ME ALONE AHHHH PLEASE SHUT UP SHUT UP FUCK FUCK FUCK OFF STOP UPSETTING ME STOP IT PLEAE STOP

The irony of complaining about mods when that's the backbone of the game. Augment your Deus Ex experience any way you like.