Why do people suddenly dislike the original FFVII now? Is it remakefags?

Why do people suddenly dislike the original FFVII now? Is it remakefags?

Attached: Final_Fantasy_VII_-_1997_-_Sony_Computer_Entertainment.jpg (1080x1080, 123.25K)

Mix of zoomers, contrarians, and just general shitposters.

If you tell me the og is great and the remake is somehow suddenly "so bad" despite sharing so much, then you are just asking for people to prove you wrong
Its not like people hate the original, they just dont overrate it to retarded levels

>the remake is somehow suddenly "so bad" despite sharing so much,
It's a sequel that falsely advertised itself as a remake to bait nostalgia purchases, and spreads a 7~ hour section of the original into 40+ hours of running around a sewer and trudging through slow mechanical hand "puzzles". Also has no end or confirmed number of broken up parts while still getting paid DLC shit out.

I appreciate the original more after trying and failing to enjoy ff7r
There's a reason you're only in midgar for maybe 4 hours

Yeah just remake fags. Ff7 is still one of the best final fantasy titles.

It's not a sequel retard. If it were a sequel it would have started after cloud defeated sephiroth in the life stream.

Remake bastardized everything about the original. Like the other user said, it's a sequel disguising itself as a remake and like everything else SE has done with Final Fantasy in recent years, it went way off the rails.

Remake not being a flop is proof that gamers are nothing more than mindless sheep that will eat up anything as long as you tickle them the right way

90% of the people who hate the original FF7 are contrarians and should be ignored

Remake is literally missing 90% of the original game right now

>game has time travel/alternate universe shenanigans that involve the altering of established events
i.e. things are happening after the events of the first game

remake was a flop though

I really cannot accept anyone saying they like the OG but they don't like the remake. It drives me fucking crazy. Thankfully it's very easy to prove these people wrong, especially when you strawman them as cultish fans of the original who see it as a flawless deity.
But you knew that already.

the battle system is FF15 tier press X to awesome
you know that 3 screen section of the sewer after you confront Don Corneo? lets turn that into a 90 minute puzzle dungeon
Wall Market is the only place that they actually improved upon
and worst of all, its media that presumes you're familiar with other media. its bad writing and direction, like the new Dune movie

Literal shills.
Shitting on the original and trying to frame it with shit like "It's honestly overrated" or even "the original was never good!" is honestly one of the most common methods to try and boost up the sales of shitty de-makes.

Attached: SE social marketers guide for FF7R.jpg (1258x1780, 297.97K)

>Wall Market is the only place that they actually improved upon
plays some entirely new track instead of Oppressed People though

holy shit I've definitely argued with one of these faggots before. not for long, though. it's not hard to know when you're arguing with a script.

Remake is better. You will understand it one day.

>Suddenly
For God knows how long people have been flip flopping on shitting on FFVI or FFVII.

Its not so simple. Ive fanboyed over ffvii too much all this years, and im pretty sure no one has ever criticized it before in my presence without him getting BTFO. Now however i have to deal with my personal final boss. My sephiroth. Remake fans. Im sure as fuck this criticism is from remake faggots, and i dedicate my life to fight them.

Retards who don't see how directing, art design, voice acting etc. all can change the quality of the same story.
If M Night Shyamalan directed Citizen Kane, with all the same dialogueband story, it would be shit. So yes, the remake is shit and the original game is great despite them "sharing so much". The remake isn't even the situation I described, however: it has a terrible original story.

This is the lowest IQ post I have ever read on this website, and I regularly browse /x/.

remake is 1/6th of the original lol

1 character is 10 times his og counterpart lol

You could just explain it to us, then we'd understand.
Oh wait you can't, because it isn't.

oh is it? post an example

I hope this is bait.

And you’re allowed to be wrong!

Wedge used to be fat
Now Wedge is fat AND has cats