Why did he betray CJ?

No explanation is ever given, he just betrays you out of the blue

Attached: Untitled.jpg (612x612, 84.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U-LHFfFKCsY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

n

use the fucking spoiler box

Didn't his VA quit during production or something like that?
Part of me felt like he was supposed to die defending Grove Street

San Andreas isn't exactly the pinnacle of storytelling user, it's there to give you a reason to do the missions and sometimes have a laugh at the silly characters, not much else.

I feel like Grove St families declined as the game changed and everyone reacted differently.
Sweet is the idealist who never stopped believing. CJ is similar but more honest with himself and had to leave.
Smoke was always part of the problem.
So Ryder would not have been part of the problem, but can't help but become jaded and cynical.

why did she?

Attached: 1652348751082.jpg (1014x1014, 236.42K)

real answer is i think the devs had more planned for thsi char and then it was scrapped, i remember hearing about that or something, so they just wrote him off early

user its been decades fuck off

they probably decided to cut Ryder's later appearences from the game part way through development, for whatever reason.
Or maybe they just realised that they hadn't been using the character and retrofitted a conclusion to his story after development was underway

>ywn have the pure kino of Ryder tagging along through the rest of the game
He was too good bros, I would have taken him over fucking Cesar any day

This game is 18 fucking years old mate

They gave him drugs i guess, he didn't had much interest other than drugs and killing people

ryder's va went to jail or something so they cut out a bunch of his story

>shows up but it's completely ignored during The Green Sabre
Yeah, game development issues.

Because he's a busta

I just assumed ryder and smoke were part of the same team, which whatever they did in the past led to getting CJ's brother killed.

youtube.com/watch?v=U-LHFfFKCsY

There was a dispute between him and Rockstar, it’s why he doesn’t talk at all during his betrayal (the Green Sabre cutscene was just supposed to be Smoke and Tenpenny) and why all his lines during his death mission are just recycled with no big cutscene.
I remember that bugging the shit out of me when I was younger since he was one of the main characters.

A more interesting question is why does this character get screen time during the game's ending?
He's basically just Shaun Ryder playing himself and he has no bearing on the story whatsoever

Attached: latest[1].jpg (476x681, 129.45K)

>Prostitution good
>Extortion good
>Home invasion good
>Murder good
>But crack is le bad
Why did they pull a godfather for no fucking reson?

Why did Rockstar have so many VA problems during this era?

I read that originally only Big Smoke was supposed to be a traitor, while Raider would remain loyal and accompany CJ throughout the game and that it was basically changed last second. That's why whenever anyone in the game is talking about the traitors they only mention Big Smoke and Tenpenny, but not Raider. Not sure how legit is that, but it always made sense to me, his betrayal does feel very arbitrary and unexplained, even though he did seem to somewhat dislike CJ. Shame too, he was the funniest character.

>He's basically just Shaun Ryder playing himself
Answered your own question Tbh

>hire nogs
>nogs get rowdy and/or get caught in legal issues
many such cases

They thought he was funny I guess, would explain why Sweet starts making jokes about him being a coomer out of nowhere when the riots start

I thought that he just hated CJ so much that he didn't give a shit.

They got the most authentic VA’s possible, back when they actually gave a shit.
They still had great ones up through GTA V and RDR2 but they clearly stopped giving a fuck for GTA Online because the voice acting in that shit is horrendous.

What was Ryder's tax policy?

It's simple, the former things only hurt uninvolved strangers and the nogs from other neighbourhoods, so it's okay, but hard drugs will eventually fuck over everyone, even the members of your own tribe once they're introduced into the system, so they're le bad

Tax all bustas