How do I git gud at deep rock galactic

So I started playing this as a driller and I feel so lost in the caves. Everyone is getting stuff done while I just sit around idly trying to traverse the terrain

Attached: 1639547322638.png (1024x1024, 1.4M)

>mine bugs
>kill minerals
what's there to understand?

Just get the basics down
The game gets easier as you continue playing even if increasing the difficulty of the missions

Play several games solo (with bosco) to get a grip of mechanics.

Play gunner
Put zips across chasms or big drops
Put shield down when you see a big wave swarming your team
Shoot big nigs with the minigun and pop mactera with the revolver

Any advice for the advanced deep dive?
I have engi and driller promoted, which one is easier? probably not engi, it's like when women say he wants me for my body, they want me for the platforms.

You have a tab button that brings up a 3D map. Areas you haven't been to will be cut off. If your squad isn't composed of clowns, you should be able to follow them to the next area. Generally someone has a grasp on the layout.

And if you reach a dead end, compact dirt usually means "go this way"

Attached: 1627469192877.png (711x755, 447.16K)

you're doing it wrong user
as Driller you ARE the cave
if you cant find the shortest route to your team or to the objective you MAKE one

believe me you have plenty of fuel
and if you run out, C4
bugs behind you in the tunnel? flamethrower, axes, or fart grenade, get back to tunneling

and the best part is, making the caves easy for you to fuck around in also makes life a lot easier for engineer and gunner. scout doest give a fuck cause scout can literally fly but he pays for it by not being able to wipe entire crowds of enemies the way driller can

also your drills do damage if you want to just plow through groups

>drills do damage if you want to just plow through groups
it does, but not in any meaningful amount to be called "plow through groups" unless paired with cryogun and even then it struggles against Slasher+

Join a group, why would you solo deep dives of all things? That's no fun.

I never said that. I just want to have less demands of me when playing difficult maps so I don't embarass myself.

small tip about driller
pressing R cools your drills which can be very usefull when you dig to the escape pod: hold lmb until numbers on drills turn red, press r until numbers reach 0 or close to it, hold lmb, r, lmb

I would say that driller is the most independent but gunner is the one who's main purpose is to shoot bugs so people bother you less.

The most teamwork demanding classes are Scout and Engie. Everyone relies on them. If you want the least amount of personal demand, go Gunner. Driller is a middle-ground guy, you don't get asked much when there isn't compact dirt, but if you level terrain and make tunnels, everyone appreciates it.

goblins when?

Attached: g4azqwh3eem81.png (812x797, 659.87K)

lmao

just stay in haz 2&3 and have fun

>>make tunnels, everyone appreciates it.
>dreadnought room
>make tunnels to make more easier routes between floors
>make tunnels through smaller hills for easier dashing and potential cover
>engineer plugs it all

Attached: angry_dorn.png (710x599, 557.15K)

>How do I git gud at deep rock galactic
You play more. And then some.
Everyone is green when they start. You learn to swim by jumping into the lake and taking notes.

Usually the DRG community is damn friendly and willing to help. There's also always something everyone can do to be credit to the team, be it from mining goodies to killing bugs faster. Each class and perk has its benefits.

The "problems" you're mentioning can only surface if you're playing in a group of hardened veterans. After a while, you not only get hang of things and know how to "read" the game, but you even start doing things in a certain brisk pace. I personally try to take newbs into account by assigning them as the point-men that lead the way, but not everyone has this mentality.

That being said, Driller's quite an EZ moodo, and very practical.
Your job should be opening Loose Dirt paths, making routes by bee-lining from point A to B or by creating "stairs" up & down pitfalls, and grilling big mobs - especially swarmers. Hell, you can even drill straight to the Escape Pod, saving some precious time and effort for the whole team.

Attached: My Team vs C4 v2.jpg (800x672, 180.91K)

>pressing R cools your drills
I somehow doubt that. Plus if you take quick cooling upgrade, your drills go from 99 to 0 heat long before that "reload" animation would end.

>I somehow doubt that.
It is. It doesnt make sense since you grind them against each other but it works.

>I feel so lost in the caves
Don't worry about it. Just follow the team and shoot bugs.

>plugging tunnels when dreadnoughts prevent enemy waves
There's no accounting for retards

>Nigger midgets

Attached: genuine disgust.jpg (480x480, 19K)

>point extraction mission on haz 5
>3 retard dorfs insist on bunkering every time a swarm comes
>tell them bunkering is gay
>they say "lol ur gonna die then"
>watch them a nemesis spawn right above their bunker
>don't say anything about it
>watch all of them get tentacle raped
Feels good to see bunkerfags get what they deserve.