Actually lives up to the terrifying hype of the townsfolk

>Actually lives up to the terrifying hype of the townsfolk.
>Actually tough when you face him.
>Consistently killed many first time players through their 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd attempts.
>Feel like an actual fucking badass hero when you kill him. Setting the stage for the rest of the game.

What are some other "Butcher" tier bosses?

Attached: 124667457474.jpg (690x323, 233.28K)

Godrick from ER

O&S from Dark souls

I'll never forget how he originally got shafted by Stitches in HotS. Holy crap, one of Blizzard's dumbest moves.

Attached: 1631158153147.jpg (500x588, 37.1K)

Eh, HOTS didnt deserve Butcher. Nothing Blizzard has done in 15+ years deserves him.

>walk into small closed-off room with windows
>close door
>Butcher can't open doors
>spam arrows at the Butcher til he dies
lmao nice "terrifying hype" you got there, pleb.

No no, the first time you fought him. Not after 5th time you died, screamed in rage, then went looking on the internet for an easy solution.

>looked on the internet
Bitch, it was basic problem-solving. Don't act like this is some mystical feat of psychological engineering.
Close door > monster can't open doors
You learn this in the first couple floors.

psh ez

Attached: StairTrap.jpg (293x186, 23.3K)

>Taking the rogue like some kind of fag tranny

>Not even going the chad ranged route and using the based sorcerer

No wonder you had to look up the easy way to win.

They fucked up the Butcher in D3 as well. All the subtlety and presence of a WoW raid boss.

Thread ruined.
>zanzibart... forgive me....
>light attack and roll for 10 minutes or cheese
Play more games, fromshitters.

D3 was fucking garbage overall. It has zero identity.

>What are some other "Butcher" tier bosses?
Diablo himself in that game. I still think one of my finest achievements in gaming was killing Diablo as a Warrior.

No but the maps were randomized, so maybe you just have fuzzy memory because every time you played it the Butcher was somewhere else.

You didn't beat the game.

Were bosses and quests in Diablo randomized at all? I thought I remembered some playthroughs not having the Butcher but now I'm not sure.

you didn't beat the game

Sorry I reposted to hide my stupid typo. lol
And maybe you're right. It's been a while

>Were bosses and quests in Diablo randomized at all?
yes

I think someone them (e.g. leoric) were.

Butcher is always on level 2. You just have to keep exploring the entire floor to find him. That said, I want to make the same statement as you about the other quests in the game, but it's probably also still fixed and I just missed them by proceeding to the next floor instead of fully exploring the right one.

>leoric
Hmm. That could actually be the one I'm remembering, not butcher. Was that quest sometimes replaced with some kind of poison water quest?

there is a chance that you won't encounter Kael Rills in front of the entrance to the cathedral and the Butcher's room won't be there either, the quest is randomized but if you get it then The butcher is indeed always on the same level I think.

You can actually finish the game without facing the butcher

I thought the Butcher was mandatory for progressing to deeper levels of the Cathedral?

nothing is mandatory in diablo

im 99% sure the butcher is random

>durr I'm a retard spouting garbage
Anybody in D1 could use a bow and magic, retard.

I have beaten Diablo 1 at least 30 times and never once not had the opening speech. It's an intro to the game and one of it's hallmarks, I can't see that slipping up as a matter of RNG. Do you have a link I can read about that bug?