What video games are actually fun these days

what video games are actually fun these days

Attached: 3fbc45ccea7c88f84f3e3f5432b2467b.png (628x670, 255.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HG3UwIDAEb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>we don't use the word fun
Well what fucking word is it then? Video Games shouldn't be fun?

Jokes on him. Game ended up fun. #rekt #druckhold

Engaging.

define fun

Skyrim

Serious sam 4

old ones

Monster Hunter. Nothing hits better than just busting a giant wyvern in the mouth and causing it to struggle getting back up.

pattern recognition (or figuring it out)
be it figuring out the pattern of a race track or boss fight or timing a high score trick in ssx.
games get boring when they rehash patterns you've seen a million times. it becomes work then. this is most mmos.

undef fun

RDR2

NEO TWEWY

Attached: water juggle.webm (640x360, 2.76M)

youtu.be/HG3UwIDAEb8

Fun is my Chinese neighbor's middle name

Reinstalled Ghost Recon Future Soldier after several years. It was fun.

Based Rod.

Attached: image_2022-05-15_073314894.png (840x960, 679.46K)

fugging ungodly nuts

Cyberpunk 2077 was a blast.

Attached: Cyberpunk 2077 (17).jpg (1920x1080, 658.42K)

An experience that is both enjoyable and engaging for the majority of its duration.

>we don't use the word "fun"
or " well written" apparently

>People still ass blasted about TLOU2 they post articles from 4 years ago

Attached: Here+you+go+httpswwwyoutubecomwatchvhnqtffxq00k+_4fdbbccc4cc5071d48b6c32eaa077e83.jpg (326x183, 12.5K)

Attached: fc6.png (590x618, 95.36K)

Couldn't really make it too much farther after you get Johnny Mnemonic brain. Gameplay feels dated and repetitive. Every fight basically equates to sonic-ing around hacking with katana while inhaling pots.

."muh joel!!!!!!!!!!!!"

>MOVIE GAME

none. video games stopped being fun ever since the right lost the culture war

I guess it wasn't for you.

Attached: Cyberpunk 2077 (24).jpg (825x1069, 304.06K)

>People constantly applauding how well written this game apparently is
>When the writing is actually pretty lazy and uses emotionally manipulative tricks to fool people who aren't really paying attention into thinking it's better than it is
>Message/theme of the writing is extremely inconsistent (it tries to condemn revenge and violence by humanizing Abbey and her group, but in the same story it dehumanizes another group of people, making them comic book villains who can be killed without remorse, thereby warping the message from 'revenge is wrong' to 'it's okay to kill people, as long as they're the people who you have arbitrarily decided are objectively evil and do not have a backstory'
Hack writer
Hack game

Seriously, I absolutely hate that the gaming industry considers THIS hackneyed garbage to be excellent writing, it's fucking high school english assignment level at best (seeing as it tries to communicate a very basic theme with zero subtlety and somehow manages to even fuck that up, I'd give it a B+ at best even as a highschool assignment).

Druckmann is a fucking hack and I'm tired of people not noticing it just because he throws lesbians into his stories.

Death Stranding

Guess not. I tried every respecing to various builds and none really screamed fun.

>People
Bots and paid shills running the same boring "incels, misogyny, etc." script.
Sony got caught doing this exact same thing with Ghostbusters 2016. There is no legitimate discourse to be had about these games because Sony's been caught red-handed absolutely flooding the discourse with noise to prevent actual discussion from occurring.