Songs of Conquest

Yesterday, the devs were streaming the game and chatting with people on Steam.
I'm pretty sure there's no VOD of that stream but there were quite a few questions asked and answered regarding the game.
I'll list the stuff I can recall.

>How final is the stuff that made it into the EA? Are there any placeholders?
The current state of the game is mostly what will be expected in the final product.
There are still plans for some serious overhauls here and there but nothing on the level of "this %mechanic% was just a placeholder and now we've implemented the proper thing".
"Serious overhauls" imply new/changed Wielder (hero) skills, adding/removing/shuffling around unit abilities, balancing, etc., etc.
>Will there be more factions?
There are plans for more but it's highly unlikely to happen during the EA.
>Will there be more units per faction?
A solid "no" for the duration of EA. A "maybe" after.
>Any changes to the combat magic?
It seems to be more-or-less in its final form but some serious balancing is in order.
The game designer did say he's considering implementing the HoMM-like aspect of "learning" spells but no promises.
>Any plans for strategic/world map magic?
There are no plans for world map magic. The game designer has some ideas for a system that could functionally replace the world map magic but "it's unlikely to make it in".
>Any plans to add universal Wait/Defend combat actions?
A solid "no". The decision not to have these universal combat actions was deliberate and more along the lines of "if everyone can do it, it's not unique". There are units who have those skills but they'll not become universal.
Another part of the reasoning is that "Wait" specifically results in the Initiative stat being exclusively "the more you have it the better it is", and they want to make balancing the Initiative precisely to be more necessary and rewarding.

Attached: soq.jpg (1920x1080, 911.61K)

>Are there plans for artifacts with funky/special/unique effects as opposed to just stats?
Yes, there are quite a few in already, and there are more planned to go in.
The team apparently enjoys brainstorming dumb artifact effects and finding ways to make them viable in the game.
>Will there be multi-tile units?
No. It's a pain in the ass, artists don't want to do them, and the whole "elevation" mechanics will not work with them properly.
>Any plans to improve the game's feedback and visual clarity?
Yes, they are aware of clarity issues and are looking into ways to make things clearer, more understandable, to make the points of interest "pop" more, etc.
They really liked the suggestion for adding a feature (and a hotkey) that helps the player quickly find and discern enemy wielders.
>Isn't "Command" skill too powerful compared to other level-up options?
They don't think it is. It was completely intentional to have "Command" be as powerful as it is, so there's always a powerful yet guaranteed option on level up.
However, they feel that there are plenty of builds that can do better than just pumping everything into Command.
>Will there be a Tactics skill or something else that expands the player's options during the deploy phase of the combat?
The game designer agrees that it's a no-brainer addition that'll fit right into the game but he's not yet sure if it should make it in.
>Any plans for mod support?
Yes, there are plans, no they aren't ready to do it yet.
Basically, they aren't confident they are familiar with the game engine enough to implement the mod support properly but they certainly intend to do so.
>Will there be a %feature%
Yes/No/Maybe, etc.
They are planning on adding more features, they are listening to player feedback. Go join their Discord..
They liked many suggestions regarding the UI/UX aspects of the game.

Can't quite recall the other stuff they were talking about.
Maybe another user who've seen the stream could chime in.

Bumping once for visibility.

Attached: soq_homm.jpg (2560x2879, 2.92M)

The sound design of HoMM3 to this day gives me shivers, to this day I haven't see a game do more soulful and memorable sound effects than it

So would you suggest checking it out in its current state?

>no random map generation
>cheating AI
>barebones multiplayer
that's a no from me

N

I tried the campaign and after 20 minutes I couldn't resist playing Homm3 again so I did that instead.

The sound design of HoMMIII is out of this world. I could clearly recall a shitload of sounds from it even after not touching the game for over a decade.
And it's doubly impressive, given HoMMIII uses stock sounds for most of their stuff.
Begs a question, if professional musicians writing and selling sound libraries weren't that bad of an idea.
I've played very little of the game - just a couple of missions in the campaign but I do find it very promising. Planning on playing more.
I honestly expected it to be way worse than it ended up being.
It still looks great and has some very interesting ideas going for it.
I say grab it if you want to support the devs or pirate it if you just want to see if it's worth your time.

I'll check it out for sure but I'm gonna wait a bit, I'm always hesitant with early access stuff

CAN I PET THE DOGGO?

Surprisingly I've made it to the 4th campaign

Why does she look so fucking ugly on that thumbnail?

Why are you surprised? Is it hard?

Nice try, I'm white though. Maybe try shilling on retardera, they love this kind of shit.

Cool game op but I'd rather wait for Horn of the Abyss to get the factory faction update.

Attached: FactoryCreaturesPreview.jpg (1080x1080, 285.41K)

What makes the multiplayer barebones at this point?

no simultaneous turns
no interaction between players besides fighting
literally nothing to do except alt tab out of the game when your turn is over and you wait for everyone else to go
you can't even spectate battles that your teammates are participating in

The only logical and sane decision.

>rainbow dragon
lmao fuck hota, only heroes 3 complete for me and nothing else will ever compete

>no simultaneous turns
Oh, I've remembered another question from the stream.

Simultaneous turns in multiplayer are a very popular feature request and the devs will be looking into implementing them.
They'll also be looking into adding Windows notifications to the game to allow alt-tabbing while waiting for the opponent to complete their turns and getting pinged when the new turn has started.