How do you feel about the Torchlight franchise?

How do you feel about the Torchlight franchise?

Attached: 2906_672513.jpg (600x600, 69.53K)

it's OK.

Torchlight 1 and 2 were both missing something, even with mods

Intense fucking apathy.
Bad story, characters, atmosphere, balancing, and I don't like the artstyle, too Blizzard.

That said I modded the shit out of 2 - unlike 1 which I played vanilla - and it wasn't too bad a playthrough.

played them but i can't remember a single memorable quest or npc

Attached: hat.png (450x450, 148.53K)

Synergies is great.

I generally love diablo-esces but torchlight bores me to death, never made it past like 2 hours in either TL1 or TL2.

You didn't beat the game

the first one recaptured the vibe of Fate, and the sequel was an improvement in every way conceivable, but then the series fell off a cliff there

Attached: image.jpg (617x446, 57.6K)

Yeah, I play it and there's just something missing about it. I always drop it after a while.

You have no idea how fine I am with that.

I spent several hundred hours playing the Fate demo when I was a child. When I bought Torchlight the nostalgia was enough for me to play it alone.

FATE had the superior art style. The Torchlight games should be superior with how much more content they have, but they just don't give you the hypnotic atmosphere and music of FATE's dungeon.

Attached: fate.jpg (650x852, 102.99K)

I also forgot to mention that the TF2 sniper is in the game as the merchant with the blue torch

maybe if they didn't make a shit walking simulator they wouldn't have went bust.

I guess you never wanted the sour grapes

It's kind of sad playing the synergies mod for 2 and seeing all the loading messages about how he's gonna balance ranger and finish paladin and warlock, knowing that the guy just gave up and moved on. All the websites and forums are gone too, it's sad. Feels like walking through an abandoned home

pirate and play a couple of times

Played just 1, i spam summons and insta won after a few chore hours, not very fun if you ask me

Also wants the point of collecting all that junk items?

for sure, i even liked the seemingly simple story, it was kinda interesting for what it was
and the gameplay of course was really gratifying and reactive, lovely animation

Loved the first. Second game was pretty bad. Never played 3

Fate is one of the worst diablo clones ever made

Torchlight 2 was one of the most boring games I have ever played in my life