Why does this game run like shit...

why does this game run like shit, playing through the games in order and this one is basically unplayable dropping to 30 fps all the fucking time

Attached: gta-liberty-city-complete-edit-1641589975312.jpg (300x300, 29.4K)

because the distance scaling options use too much ram, don't turn them up so high and it'll run fine.

Works on my machine
Not really, it fucking lags every time I leave any building

i originally thought this but when i checked the settings i still had 4gb of ram free on max settings somehow

the issue is that it's a 32bit application, it can use more than 4GB of memory through some hacky code magic, but it's very unoptimized and you're better off just sticking to the 32bit limit.

Because Rockstar doesn't know how to optimize games for shit, and because consumers and their retarded fanbase keeps buying their games they dont have to.

you've configured the game improperly. the only time you should be dipping to 30fps is when there's 50 cars on screen

Attached: 1646921818371.jpg (1920x1080, 594.96K)

because the port fucking sucks, they learned their lesson and Max Payne 3 / GTA V turned out decent but they never went back and fixed this mess

You can't fix the performance no matter how much you brute force it - GTA IV runs badly on every platform.

Attached: GTAIV 11_04_2022 19_54_38.jpg (3840x2160, 931.02K)

Worked fine on X360

i've been using the DE patch which I've used for 3, VC and SA and had no problems with those it's just this one that doesn't want to run properly, tweaked the render distance and now i get 50fps while walking and 30ish when driving shit sucks

It really doesn't - it runs better than the PS3 version but the game can't hold 30fps and consistently drops below.

you just need to run the game from the folder instead of a shortcut, fixed it for me like magic
no one ever listens though, have fun

I've forgot how grey and boring IV looks. Gonna replay it again to compare it to the V I've just finished

Cope

NEARLY LOCKED 60FPS ON SERIES X

>Any Forums is this retarded when it comes to setting up a poorly optimized game
SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

>using modpacks
if you're this tech illiterate i'm not surprised you can't get the game to work.
GTA4 runs fine. not well, but it's not 2009 anymore and you're not playing on your grandma's PC with a 8600GT.
if you're bitching about IV's performance in the year of our lord 2022 then the problem is on your end

Attached: 1633937623205.jpg (1920x1080, 529.42K)

>pc master race
>can't run older games
ahahahahaahahahahaha

Your shitty consoles couldn't run GTA IV properly as well, moron.

>handicapped

ps3 and 360 run gta iv better than pc user

Not in this timeline.

>put everything to low to get 50 fps
yep, its still unplayable.

>20 fps is fine
cope

the timeline where gta4 is better on pc is the same timeline where people complain about gta4's pc performance still in 2022
clown