Just finished this

Play this game.

Attached: Ys VIII.jpg (1024x1024, 243.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EDllGOPr-Vg
youtube.com/watch?v=xogTY-BvV6s
game.bilibili.com/ys8/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I couldn't get into it after Ark of Napishtim, which was great

I dunno user, I started with Felghana and Origin. I just can't get into the 3D games, they're too laughably easy

Laxia butt

Did Laxia want to fuck her own dad?

already did

Played, after randomly noticed IX.
Das some good shit.

I already did

Felghana's difficulty is on the normal side if you don't play the PC version, where a higher framerate actually makes all enemy attacks doubly as fast. It's like a poorly balanced turbo mode (has its charms, but it's clearly not the intended experience).
Dana's Inferno difficulty actually pulls the turbo mode concept quite well. It's just a shame the actual game has none of that danmaku goodness, and just guard completely breaks it. It's fun still, but not what it could have been.

Don't I need to play all the other Ys first?
Main reason why I never got in this series

they are pretty much all self contained

Although they are sequels, they are pretty much separate episodes, with some returning characters. You pretty much only need to play Ys I to know everything you need to know to play any other Ys game.

was it autism?

Attached: 1637507570355.jpg (650x1200, 90.74K)

dropped it after beating that tree boss that has the orbs with the shields at the base, it was a good game but I am middle aged now and refuse to play games that aren’t masterpieces. Also if you don’t play it on the hardest difficulty you didn’t beat the game

It’s like Final Fantasy, each one is it’s own story and they all have Adol as the mc and his bandit bro

I loved Dana but I couldn't even finish 9. What the fuck were they thinking? Maybe I just got tired of the gameplay formula the series has been using since Seven; but even then progression in 9 felt fucking horrid because of the barriers forcing you to play that shitty tower defense mode. Which to me is baffling because they were in Dana as well and I found them less offensive in that game despite being mandatory for progression in both games.
Game also felt like it was taking a lot of inspiration from Genshin Impact with its shitty stamina bar.

I have, it's great. Ys9 is a monumental downgrade and is worse in nearly every single way.

No. You're thinking of their other series: trails of. You can play Ys in any order you want they're all independent stories.

Powerful autism that allowed him to get 8th on the Falcom character poll

They were comfier in 8. In 9 they're in a dark shitty dreary environment.

Ys VIII was one of my all time favourite JRPGs. Ys IX has been a chore to get through. I'm very slowly getting through it, since I'm taking breaks from it with other games.

there's a contnuity but you dont really need to follow it

i'm in like chapter 4 and have been for a year. i'll come back to it later this year. bosses so far have been a step down from Origin but overall it's comfy and i like how the movement feels with dash jumping. even found a minor sequence break where i jumped over a rock i wasn't supposed to and got some accessory with higher stats much earlier than intended

post best ost
youtube.com/watch?v=EDllGOPr-Vg

I love Ys and I'll shovel it down my throat even if the series turns to legit garbage (it's not utterly trash just yet), but yeah, even I have to admit 9 was a huge downgrade from 8. The lmao 2dol mystery was pretty cool and it culminated in one of the most kino sequences in the series but everything else was either made much, much more tedious or boring. Confining most of the explorable areas to just the city was a horribly dull idea, not to mention that most dungeons are actually just straight hallways, even the fucking final one, and this is the one with the MOST movement options. Outside of Batmanning around town they didn't really capitalize on the mechanics at all.

Attached: 20210714190853_1.jpg (1920x1080, 407.99K)

No, context of previous Ys games only helps with Ys II and IX.

youtube.com/watch?v=xogTY-BvV6s

This is the correct answer.

Are you excited for the Chinese remake of Ys VIII where Crimson Lightning gets to a 100 metre mosey down a beach in Unreal Engine?

game.bilibili.com/ys8/
Click the arrow to play the high-octane video that'll surely make your blood flow like molasses!

Attached: 62ec189a-0323-45aa-a6ed-b7a93ba5bcdd.jpg (800x800, 248.3K)