What vidya games allow me to play as the Byzantine Empire ?

what vidya games allow me to play as the Byzantine Empire ?

Attached: 739px-Mosaic_of_Justinianus_I_-_Basilica_San_Vitale_Ravenna-5c5c540446e0fb0001ca85c7.jpg (739x416, 176.47K)

Medieval 2.
Rome Barbarian Invasion.

Civ and crusader kings

Field of Glory II

Civ VI, you listen to Orthodox chanting while printing billions of heavy cav units then roadkilling your enemies

More like pissmpire

>Rome Barbarian Invasion.
Let's be honest, if you don't pick WRE, are you really playing Barbarian Invasion?

Eu4, crusader kings 2 or 3. Age of empires 2

Yes, considering the Sassanids exist.

the wut?

Attached: roma.jpg (1600x900, 431.99K)

Sassanid campaign is good due to their unique religion, I also quite like Alemanni
But these are quite typical TW campaigns, WRE is a special experience

AOE2
Also whats with the Byzantine-boos online these days? The whole history is literally just extended decline.

>The whole history is literally just extended decline
That's a great aesthetic. Fighting against historical inevitability for as long as possible. An empire that lasted a thousand years past when it "should" have died.

You misunderstand, user. Playing ERE in BI is fine because these eastern barbarians exist, not because they have their own campaign

>these days
Don't forget that East Europeans have been Romaboos as long as we have existed.

>The whole history is literally just extended decline
Like the other guy said, there's something inherently romantic about being the last remnant of something great and old that fights for its survival.

>Also whats with the Byzantine-boos online these days? The whole history is literally just extended decline.

Attached: nordcuck.jpg (1182x900, 433.1K)

>because these eastern barbarians exist
it's not fun to stomp them when you're objectively better set up than they are

>People in a declining civilization find previous declining civilization alluring due to similarities
Such is life.

Attached: 300px-Constantine_XI_Palaiologos.jpg (300x400, 56.83K)

>The whole history is literally just extended decline.
Not really, they had many ups and downs, just look at the Macedonian dynasty, for example

Nazi Germany was more Roman than the Byzantine Empire. Rome stopped being Rome after the death of Julian. Everything else is a larp and cultural appropriation.
Also your pic is entirely braindead and you should kill yourself for being so retarded.

Attached: ECHnbm8XkAUU-HK.jpg (960x464, 110.15K)

>Nazi Germany was more Roman than the Byzantine Empire
lmao
good bait

>Everything else is a larp and cultural appropriation.
says the guy acting like the nazis were even vaguely roman

>Nazi Germany was more Roman than the Byzantine Empire. Rome stopped being Rome after the death of Julian. Everything else is a larp and cultural appropriation.
>Also your pic is entirely braindead and you should kill yourself for being so retarded.

Attached: 1652607216805.png (948x1180, 193.15K)

soule > sovless

The Nazis had Roman elements except they weren't appropriating but building a new Germany.
Here's a better example Revolutionary and Napoleonic France was more Roman than everything that claims to be Roman except Pagan Rome. Anyone should see the point I'm making with these example. But for this you need to know the philosophy, influences and ideals behind the French Revolution.
Cope both Romans and Germans were Aryan Pagans and the conflicts and differences between them are entirely secondary.

>The Nazis had Roman elements except they weren't appropriating but building a new Germany.
>Here's a better example Revolutionary and Napoleonic France was more Roman than everything that claims to be Roman except Pagan Rome. Anyone should see the point I'm making with these example. But for this you need to know the philosophy, influences and ideals behind the French Revolution.
>Cope both Romans and Germans were Aryan Pagans and the conflicts and differences between them are entirely secondary.

Attached: bbc.png (244x352, 65.41K)

>bbc.png

Attached: 1618373282756m.jpg (1024x555, 48.67K)

>bbc.jpg

Attached: 1138 - flag glasses hitler irl nazi open_mouth soot soy soyjak soyjak_party soylent stubble tranny.png (1035x720, 364.27K)

Also, they outlasted things like the Carolingian empire and the arab caliphates, who were supposed to take the place of the roman empire as the only lords o the mediterranean, as well as all the post-fall of rome gothic kingdoms.
The bizzies had an amazing run for an empire that was past it's peak for mst of its history.