Called Final Fantasy 7 remake

>Called Final Fantasy 7 remake
>it's literally only the opening arc of the original game and no mention of it being a "part 1"
>full priced
>fans still ate it up
How did they get away with this?

Attached: IMG_20200904_160335.jpg (1920x1080, 206.68K)

I hate this "ramek" so much its unreal

I'm so mad I'm unable to spell remake

>80€
I would buy it maybe if I knew all the additions will be free after buying it but I'm 100% sure they will charge extra for the next parts

already have an active thread

It undersold, so that always made me happy.

Just make it some shitty CGI movie since the gameplay is abysmal anyway.

ff15 barrys seething daily ff7r seethin threads is a daily reminder that we all should avoid retarded /v

>It undersold
this is my favorite cope. just good-ol' classic fact denial

Nomura and Nojima bamboozled everyone. The Remake in the title refers to remaking the actual timeline of the original game, not remaking the game itself.

This isn't /vg/ chud

Both FF7R and FFXV were both two of my most highly anticipated games of all time and I seem to be one of the few who despised them. What wrong with me bros?

Attached: images - 2022-05-15T204107.437.jpg (579x529, 38.29K)

frog

Cope for who? Squenix's reports say it undersold their expectations.

Because it's the only part they're remaking. Part 2 and onwards will be entirely new games, Part 1 was only a remake because retarded boomers who hated Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus would have whined if they made a new game, so the remake portion was made to get them interested.

That is literally what it did though? When you predict a certain amount of sales for your game and use the profits you think you'll make to make new investments elsewhere, and then the game sells way below predicted amount, it undersold and you made a loss.

>no mention of it being a "part 1"

My favorite part. It’s such an obvious scam but it worked so well i can only applaud them for it. It shows how little people know and care and how easily you can abuse fame and nostalgia.

They announced it was episodic when it was first revealed, but how they never again mentioned it when it was actually coming out is really fucking pathetic. I hate seeing one of my all-time favorite games get this treatment, but it's not surprising in the least.

Explain the time jannies then

It's "episodic" in the same way Mass Effect is episodic, which is to say not at all, because it's not an actual remake.
The time jannies try to preserve the timeline, Sephiroth tricks Cloud and his party into killing them and severing the chains of fate.

>but how they never again mentioned it when it was actually coming out
literally on the back of the box and in the description on any online store. i guess they assumed rpg players could read.

min 30 hour game, 50-60 hours with hard mode.

"scam"

kek

almost as funny as those people who in their head think they already played part 2 and 3 and know what will happen.

or the other seething morons that couldnt understand the combat system:)

retarded /v as usual

It sold less than the original despite a far higher install base on PS4 and this shit being as mainstream as it gets for Japanese games.

>i'm a culturally retarded zoomer hear me roar

>game forces you to play through hours upon hours of forced slow walking and squeezing through fences as thinly-veiled loading screens for a 2nd time to platinum and that's a good thing!

>It sold less than the original

release 1997.
it had 25 years to sell.

Yeah, people totally kept buying the PS1 version that was no longer even being printed during the PS2 and PS3 days.

the fact you fight sephiroth already has fucking ruined it

Attached: 1587607905356.jpg (2800x1768, 3.43M)

Remake is a verb, not a noun, in this case. It's deliberately misleading because realizing it's not a 'remake' is part of the intended experience. Ideally part 2 won't be called Remake, but no doubt it'll have some dumb Nomura name like Re:Mind.

Attached: quadsoftruth.png (1832x308, 131.93K)