So yeah, visually this game looks great, he has tonnes of weapons, armor, build variations...

So yeah, visually this game looks great, he has tonnes of weapons, armor, build variations, certain areas of the world are amazing, so why is this game bad? Why is it just not 'fun'?

Attached: 1652603354283.png (1181x886, 1.12M)

you can play the game for like 4 hours at a time and literally get nowhere. I gave up playing because it's just not satisfying

Because fromsoft games aren't about any other definition of fun other than what their fans expect. They are niche no matter how hard people meme. At this point most of the player base is cheating on some level.

Because it's repetitive as fuck and the exploration unrewarding.

they were never niche. there is nothing niche about them. calling them niche is a meme. you explore castles, press r1 and dodge at the right time. for like 7 games now with the really only noticeable difference being sekiro. please learn what niche means. you guys sound like you are trying way too hard to make something a "niche" product when it is literally the most talked about, best selling game right now and has been for a while. you are not an epic underground obscure gamer.

It has many flaws but there are no other weapon autism RPGs to play, because video games suck now.

Dead and barren openworld
You still have DeS speed while enemies have 5-6 attacks which include 360 swipes, range attacks and gap closers
Bosses having shit camera and spastic one shotting attacks
Bosses have attacks that cover 85% of the arena

Installing a parry mod like swordsmanship/elden ring reforrged makes it somewhat fun

>are niche
Nigger have you been sleeping under a rock for the past 11 years? Soulshit was niche during DeS and DaS1 console release

I dunno, I'm still having fun with it, trying out some builds and fucking around. When or if the seamless coop comes out, it'll give me probably another play through or two if my autistic friends actually hang on playing. But, yeah I'm getting a little bored now. Trying to find a build that I actually 'love'.
>exploration unrewarding
I think this is a big problem, because once you know pretty much where things are and what build you're going for you can skip 95%+ of the game. I don't know what a good solution to the problem is though.

> I don't know what a good solution to the problem is though
Maybe scatter more universal useful things like stones/runes in places to explore?

Idk people say it’s good but, fuck of with the open world shit. I almost bought the hype but I knew I wouldn’t get around to playing it any time soon so I’ll wait a year or so and see what the price does. Not paying more than $30 and if it doesn’t drop that low then fuck it.

>you can play the game for like 4 hours at a time and literally get nowhere

Fucking this. A typical hour of playtime is just staring at the GameOver screen and maybe 10 minutes of actual progress.

You are promised a free open world but you can't actually explore because everything kills you in two hits. And even then there's nothing to actually do except fight stuff.

Its a like a fucking shit open world version of Golden Axe.

Attached: 20220512_153900.jpg (1080x836, 141.74K)

Yeah that's fair. The amount of runes we get feels like it falls off a cliff way too early. Be it from normal mob kills or rune pick ups. There's definitely a lack of upgrade materials out in the world after a certain point and it feels like that they just figured the bells would solve that problem. And it's just an annoyance more than anything.

Invasions are off by default and if you turn them on you get sorted into a small pool of coop fags and if you invade you will mostly invade coop fags and maybe people who specifically want to get invaded so there is nothing casual about invasions. That's just a massive amount of variety you're missing.
It's like if you could only invade gankers and fight clubs in any of the previous games.

>You are promised a free open world but you can't actually explore because everything kills you in two hits
Are you guys really this bad at video games? Elden Ring was my first Fromsoft game so I had zero experience with it, but even I hardly ever died from exploring the outside world fighting regular enemies. If anything, my character became way too strong after a while to the point where the only real challenge were the boss fights and some occasional gank encounters in dungeons.

People buying a game and playing less than 10 mins is not a warm body on a game. The amount of people that dedicate any significant amount of time to these games without cheesing or cheating is incredibly small.

And how much GRINDING did that take you?

Based on the achievement stats, there is actually a surprisingly high number of players finishing fairly hard bosses compared to other similar games. Also what do you even mean by "cheesing or cheating"? You mean using builds and gameplay mechanics that you deem as too effective or you mean actually using cheats? Because there is nothing whatsoever wrong with the former, especially when so many people like yourself seem to have trouble with the difficulty of the game.

This game has actually a very high completion rate compared to other video games
the problem is that certain areas are really hard and certain builds fucking suck compared to others. I never had a problem and am progressing at an ok pace, the problem is I keep clearing shit out and getting nothing from it with no way of seeing how close I am to finishing the game

>there are people in this thread complaining that elden ring is too hard
we're past nu-Any Forums, ascended to babby-Any Forums

it's one guy and you're too scared to even reply to him. he's not even fully wrong, the game is designed for you to hit roadblocks and fuck around in other areas. the problem is that gets boring after a while if you keep finding trash areas

Boss difficulty fluctuates too wildly. Marget can be beaten with patience and smart attack timing, but that doesnt change the fact that he's the most difficult boss you're going to face until the last quarter of the game.

The difficulty just feels random at times.

Exploring everything you come across if fun for like the first 5 hours then it's boring and tedious and it just makes you want look up if the cave you just found has anything worthwhile, there was zero reason for the DS formula to go open world

>I don't know what a good solution to the problem is though.

There really isn't any due to the game's core designs and simply being too big for its own good.

You might condense your game world and cut down on the repetitive caves, catacombs and graves but then it might feel like as if you get constantly showered with shit since all those ashes for every fucking enemy, spells and so on have to be put somewhere else.
You might want to overhaul your game mechanics so that instead of summon ashes being found in dungeons you either make them drops from the corresponding enemy or add some fancy Pokeball-esque item that let's you "capture" them, freeing up all the gorillion places where something more worthwhile could be lying around than "Poop Slug Spirit Ash" but then you end up with even more grinding.
You might want to tie the items you find to your level, stats, current gear or whatever so it's more likely that you find something that fits your build but then you probably end up with a complete, random mess of a game.

First half of this game sucks dick. I'm in the minority that likes the second half more because it finally goes back to being a Dark Souls game with a clear goal blocked by challenging bosses. Before that it's a big, aimless, bland open world with random shit scattered across numerous nooks and crannies with most of it being useless garbage. Their open world design is ass. Once you get past Capitol it becomes the linear game it should have been from the start.