Tried to reinvent it's predecessor's gameplay for new audience

>tried to reinvent it's predecessor's gameplay for new audience
>ends up incredible repetitive
>huge map with nothing to fill it
>fill game with the same boss like 50 times, sometimes at least it has a different color
>overcomplicated lore that noone cares about
>somehow entire internet ends up calling it best game of the generation

how was the marketing of God of War 2018 so good?
>pic unrelated

Attached: elden-ring-key-art-1271785.jpg (1200x675, 88.72K)

fpbp /thread

>reinvent it's predecessor's gameplay
They didn't even try that. They added like, what?
Jump attacks, shield counters, a horse and ashes of war. It still plays basically the same as ds3.
>God of War 2018
They fucked the gameplay of that hard, the older games actually had good combat.

>pic unrelated
OP is a liar

Yeah doing fun lil quicktime events and hitting triangle sure was good gameplay you stupid faggot
Tey ninja garden at some point in your life to actually have even a bit of an idea what you're talking about

>ninja gaiden
Hitting y for cutscene attacks? Ok

Something like the shield counters was overdue and actually makes shields useful again after Poise was fucked in DS3.

lmao this nigger got filtered by quick time events.

Death Stranding copied Dark Souls' player interconnectivity in really fun ways. I wish Elden Ring had copied Death Stranding. Imagine being able to leave random drops in other players' games or creating footpaths where players have commonly walked. I like ER but it would have been nice to see them utilize the open world for more than just padding.

Absolute joke of a god of war fan even attempting to say that lmao
It's not a filter when your gameplay is equal parts easy and dogshit you stupid faggot

>best selling game of the past 12 months despite only being pout for 3
how do we cope with this shazam sisters?

>They were all just quick time events
You didn't even play them you faggot.
I liked ninja gaiden too, they're different games though.
Yeah, but my point is that there were no major changes to how it plays.
Though, you can barely use the shield parries because of how slow they are most the time, you just get stunned out of it apart from in specific circumstances. Should've gotten a buff to poise as well.

Great

I called it months ago, welcome newfag:

Elden Ring truly proved that FromSoftware is incapable of comprehending what their true fans enjoyed about their soulsborne games. The pattern is clear now more than ever, any FromSoftware project that has Yui Tanimura involved in anyway, will be either mediocre or garbage. Hidetaka Miyazaki said that with Elden Ring "he had to delegate things to others more than usual" and it shows. Elden Ring is not a good soulsborne game, it is one of the worst, if not the worst:
>Open world causes a lot of padding and time wasting by just running around on your mount looking for the good parts.
>Open world forced them to add a mount and thus mounted combat, which is far inferior to the traditional unmounted combat. Even FromSoftware understood this and disabled mounts in multi-player.
>Open world ruins the traditional progression of difficulty in zones and especially boss fights, the bosses are either too hard because you are underleveld or too easy because you are overleveld, it is an unrefined and unfocused mediocre experience.
>Spirit ashe summon system casualizes the entire game, it is literally an EASY MODE that completely breaks the game and boss AI. Some of the spirit ashe summons at +10 (mimic/tiche/oleg) can solo bosses with you just standing there and watching, doing nothing else. Unlike traditional summons, spirit ashe summons do not give the boss a boost in HP and stats.

Elden Ring outsold all previous FromSoftware soulsborne games COMBINED, it is literally over for FromSoftware ARPGs as we know them. All future ARPG projects by FromSoftware will feature an open world of some sort.

Attached: FromSoftware Teams.png (2130x2076, 774.98K)

>>fill game with the same boss like 50 times, sometimes at least it has a different color
ER has 90 unique bosses out of a total of 165

>huge map with nothing to fill it
lol

Attached: 1651400141717.png (490x608, 728.03K)

I got so used to not using ashes I forgot to even talk to "renna" on this playthrough lmao

You can buy the bell in Roundtable Hold.

which boss did you have to fight 50 times pray tell?

Attached: 1651584450338.png (434x434, 307.46K)

OP is talking about God of War 2018 you dumb fucking retards how did that joke get over your head?

Why champion Bloodborne specifically when it's clear Sekiro and ER are leagues above the rest?

Attached: Bloodborne fun time graph.png (1440x976, 43.32K)

keep seething discord tranny. Game is fun unless you are deranged. So too bad being you lmao

Attached: file.png (220x53, 2.93K)

Reported, enjoy your time out elden tranny :)