Why didn't you guys tell me that this was one of the absolute best games released in the past few years?

Why didn't you guys tell me that this was one of the absolute best games released in the past few years?

Attached: 537432-metro-exodus-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 161.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l5Npk5aNu9c
youtube.com/watch?v=dggubYWT93A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>epic exclusive
Nobody played it until long after it released. There were a few threads and then it faded from memory.

the parts on the train were great
youtube.com/watch?v=l5Npk5aNu9c

Some of the best writing regarding the intimate relationship with Anna. She's really adorable and loveable and her monologues are really well written. The only problem with it, and it's huge, Artyom is fucking silent and it's the worst decision that 4A made with the entire series.

But I did. I was one of the few people defending this game, while everyone else was shitting on it.

honestly 10/10 to begin with but after the desert segment, it went back to a corridor-like shooter.
still high quality though

>2022
>still playing shooters
I grew out of that low brow genre like years ago.

The Metro franchise doesn't mesh that well with the semi-open world formula they tried but the story and fights were fun. A generally good game with some real intrigue

It was fantastic but they've really written themselves into a corner. Where do they go from here?
They can't go back to the metro. That will be seen as a massive regression; going from a huge open world with a bunch of different locales back to a dark monotonous metro is a big step back.
They can't stay in the open world. The game will have nothing to do with the metro anymore and the name of the series won't make sense. Also, while it was very cool for the game to be based around a train journey, it would be kind of samey to do it again for another game. Plus, where exactly would they even go? They basically covered all of Russia already.

That aside the devs are clearly talented so hopefully they'll figure it out. I also appreciated them remaking the game with only raytracing. More devs should do that.

Really liked it when I played it on PS4, but waiting with replaying it on PC until I get a better graphics card (currently 2070 super). I don't remember too much except loving Anna and thinking that the openness is more detrimental than beneficial

>Where do they go from here?
Continue with a different protagonist. Exodus is meant to be the end of Artyom's story. We still have Moscow and the impending war between the Commies and Nazis.

And they can still make an open world game within the metro itself. Being able to explore the different stations and interact with the factions. Maybe even implement a faction system like New Vegas or Stalker.

Wasn't Last Light also supposed to be the end of Artyom's story?

I assume they're go to go with sam if they want to continue any characters story. that the gist i got from the dlc

Cool

>Nobody played
Steam shill, please.

The game is good, but the story is kind of bad.

It sucked

>one of the absolute best games released in the past few years

youtube.com/watch?v=dggubYWT93A

I was loving it up until it just fucking crashed on me permanently and I couldn't progress any further. It was right before rescuing some chick in the desert, tried everything I could to work around but I couldn't get it functioning.

I didn't like it despite loving the previous Metro games.
I liked the hub level approach, but the fact it had fucking crafting and basically no enclosed spaces in a fucking METRO game put me off. I think I finished the desert area and never played it again.
2033 is still the superior choice.

>Fully modeled pussy with pubes
>Not showed once in the game

Why did 4A Games chicken out? ffs.

Attached: k_thinking.jpg (1024x683, 50.68K)

Because [[[they]]] threw a fit over stuff in the previous game.
>Waaa I have to get a lapdance waaah disrespecful to wimmin.

>Still posting this retarded clip
Neck yourself

>no enclosed spaces
But it did. Caspian had the one in the underground bunker, and the two levels that follow are literally linear like in the previous two games.

>Metro going open world
>thought it was going to be like the stalker DLC from Last Light where you play as some no name sniffing around for artifacts on the surface and in collapsed metro stations

Attached: 1640840262473.png (655x637, 784.94K)

Anna is the best actual wife in gaming.

It did but they were minimal, I also felt no tension in those areas. I didn't get mega far in the game though I think, so I'm naturally biased.
The underground bunker fucking sucked as all the threats were just humans with guns and it feel into generico FPS territory. My favourite moments in Metro were skulking around a hostile environment that wanted me dead, not just basically a shootout in a raider base.

>And they can still make an open world game within the metro itself. Being able to explore the different stations and interact with the factions. Maybe even implement a faction system like New Vegas or Stalker.
This

Because a lot of people did not like it, I however did, great personal story really.
I did not get the bad ending, but it's ironically the best bad endings in any video game where you get to meet your dead buddies from previous games.

>just humans with guns and it feel into generico FPS territory
I'm talking about the Desert level with the Spiderbugs. That part had no humans.

Also, the last level is literally just classic Metro.

Attached: 1552382318_metro-exodus-23853-1550745586615-1550746187-37.jpg (1920x1080, 796.71K)

Because it isn't

Then maybe I just let the first parts of the game put me off. It's on my list to try and re-do, but I usually just go back to 2033.

The real tension for me came from exploring the fucked stations full of ghosts or muties that can one shot you. The unknown elements were a strong suit of the game before they made Khan explain everything like it was some hippie shit.

Taking a side path to get some extra loot finding a dead stalker with some minor damage on his body. Only for you to turn around and see the room is full of the dead hanging from the ceiling because you stumbled into a cursed prewar bombshelter. Those elements alone could have been further expanded upon in an open ended setting where you aren't tied to a linear story.

get it?

Attached: Metro exodus.jpg (1920x1080, 122.94K)