I honestly don't see how anybody can consider Zero Mission a replacement for the original. It's not as challenging...

I honestly don't see how anybody can consider Zero Mission a replacement for the original. It's not as challenging, and even when it doesn't directly tell you where to go, it still funnels you in the right direction so it isn't as open.

Attached: th (1) (26).jpg (400x401, 34.63K)

It's actually responsive and almost snappy

the original Metroid is a bad game

well good thing you get the original with this version
that's how re-releases should be done instead of forcing you to play the NEW AND IMPROVED version and telling you to go fuck yourself if you don't like it

The original Metroid sucks ass

Difficulty is a separate metric from enjoyable gameplay. The ultimate example is the DMC franchise where the game offers zero resistance in terms of difficulty but the gameplay options make the game a joy to play. Zero mission is just way more enjoyable to play.

The original Metroid is a fun cryptic adventure with avenues for experimentation

They only like it because it's easier. "Gamers" suck at playing games and would rather play on Easy for babies.

The original Metroid is a very responsive game. Just use a newer gamepad with stick controls.

the animations are really slow, it doesn't have diagonal aiming and the lack of an in-game map is strategy guide bait
I guess a Zero Mission romhack that gets rid of the map and those cutscenes that show you where to go could be interesting

nes games are shit. Only exception are Super Mario Bros, kirby adventure and mother 1

both Zelda games are good

oh right, i forgot about them. yeah they're good too

>Better controls
>Better aiming
>Better, harder bosses
>Actually feels like an adventure
>Entirely new postgame that's actually somewhat challenging
>Introduced the Zero Suit
>Doesn't look like complete shit
And that's before you get into mods that let you sequence break and randomizers.

When Samus flashed back to her parents and nearly cried, I practically threw up. I have nothing but hatred for games trying to "humanize" video game chaarcters. You are a bunch of pixels on a screen, you have no right to speak or have any emotions. You are to shoot the bad guy, and then win the game, particularly with my instruction. This isn't a damn visual novel.

>Actually feels like an adventure
Thus doesn't make sense. The first one made you feel like you were alone on a hostile planet.
>Doesn't look like complete shit
Metroid 1 makes effective use of negative space to create striking, barren enviroments

Samus always struck me as a "lone wolf willing to delve into the pits of hell by herself" character, it's odd how Other M made her into a crybaby grunt

>When Samus flashed back to her parents and nearly cried, I practically threw up.
I see.
And when did this happen?

>Thus doesn't make sense. The first one made you feel like you were alone on a hostile planet.
The first one made you feel like you were wandering down copypasted empty hallways. Zero Mission's improved graphics make it feel like a real adventure, with the unknown items adding a new layer of mystery.
>Metroid 1 makes effective use of negative space to create striking, barren enviroments
Barren is right, every hallway looks the same with a boring black background.

Zero Mission is what Metroid should have been, and takes all the right cues from Super.

I prefer the sense of desolation and disorientation of the original. The hallways look the same to confuse you. It fits better with the overall theme.

>It looks bad
The stark black juxtapozed against the bright neon is a great aesthetic.

Attached: th (1) (28).jpg (474x355, 36.44K)

This, Zero Mission looked soulless in comparison.

Modern nintenbabies aren't the same market audience that the first game was meant to appeal to.

If a game confuses you as to where you're supposed to go next and has no way to infer where that direction is with context (Metroid on NES does not), then it's terrible game design.

If you want a game that requires you to think about where you're going, then you should have a sense of context for where to go next rather than needing Nintendo Power's maps to navigate the world. It's like that one bush in Zelda but 1000x worse.

Zero Mission's chozo statues are, of course, a step to far in my mind; I preferred how the later parts of fusion worked where you get a general idea of where to go but no clear instructions, and without an in-game map NES Metroid is just impossible.

The only way I can describe this is " generic NES Sidescroller". Contra looked better, Super Mario Brothers looked better, both had more identity, hell Zelda 2 had better identity and looked way better than this shit. Zero Mission makes you actually feel like you're on an alien world in natural caverns.

>It's not as challenging
The original isn't challenging outside of the lack of a map.

Right before the chozodia trial of the spirit or whatever. They throw a disgusting cutscene of Samus flashing back to her childhood.

It was like I was playing Uncharted.

The 15% item run is really hard.

Don't talk to ACfag. He's just going to go on and on and on.