What game caused you to lose all faith in the industry?

What game caused you to lose all faith in the industry?

Attached: phantom-pain.jpg (1200x675, 111.42K)

Angry birds.

Successfully ripped off a flash game that ripped off an ancient catapult game that was a rip off of a game nerds were playing on oscilloscopes in the godamn 80s.

It's mostly just AAA I've MOSTLY lost faith in.

Probably Call of Duty: Ghosts. I have never played a bigger pile of shit before or since.

Attached: fe264dded3eaff218eec0176afde2232.jpg (267x400, 62.07K)

Uncharted 3

Actually the one you posted OP, but I'm gonna put the one that cemented it afterwards

Attached: kingdom-hearts-iii-201912413214227_1.jpg (1192x1500, 451.89K)

I've given up on every western AAA company

Ass creed Odyssey was the most souless piece of garbage I've ever played. The definition of everything that's wrong with modern video gaming. I couldn't even bring myself to finishing it.

MGSV fucked this board up. Literally nothing but schizophrenia and misery has been posted here since MGSV hit.

The E3 where the XB1 was unveiled.

Battlefield 1

what's wrong with mgs5?
It seems like everyone hate kojimbo after this game
t. someone who never played metal gear solid

I'm still mad.

Fire emblem awakening

Assassin's Creed II's initial release. I figured out immediately what Ubisoft had up their sleeves with the whole "OMG! SOMETHING'S GOING ON WITH THE MACHINE! WE ARE SKIPPING A LOT OF PERIODS IN EZIO'S LIFE! NOW YOU MUST GO TO THE FINAL IMPORTANT PART, THE FINAL BOSS FIGHT!" and then not much later announced a DLC pack with "new" levels that were actually cut from the game because they couldn't finish the game on-time and decided to charge extra on it later. And then of course gamers ate it up like they did with all DLC all throughout the 7th gen despite bitching about it a lot online.

No you're just sick. Seek help for your Kojima Derangement Sydrome.

Attached: The Pillars of the Gaming Industry.jpg (1280x670, 525.35K)

It didn't fit their head canon and there has been a terrible sense of entitlement from the fans since MGS4's pandering on how they feel the story should go.

The open world is soulless and kind of a waste of time but the gameplay is great and most polished it's ever been.
The people who hate him because of this game care way too much about the story and lore. The game is definitely a letdown in that regard. It's kind of laughable because MGS4 already completely ruined ghis franchise in terms of writing.

It was unfinished. You had some solid core gameplay stuck in boring, empty maps and extremely simplistic missions with a story that is as retarded as it is unfinished.
It’s not the worst game ever made, but it is absolutely the most disappointing.

There's dlc? I have only ever played the collection.

I know it'll be a cliche and obvious answer, but Cyberpunk 2077.
There are plenty of soulless, idiotic things that came before it, but the sheer, skull-cracking crash of the hype train and the outcries followed by a laughable lack of concern regarding the state of the game from the devs as they presumably move on to doll up the next Witcher... the whole clown show around that game just seemed to really drive home the state of AAA gaming and what companies can get away with.

no game ever made me mad, just disappointed.

It was Sequences 12 and 13 IIRC (it's been since launch since I last played). Those were sold as DLC first before AC2 and others got sold into a collection.

AC Valhalla

Final Fantasy 13

I wouldn’t say they got away with it. People bought into Cyberpunk because they bought into CDPR’s reputation. They were the “good guys”. They were looked at the way people once looked at Blizzard or Bioware,
Now, no one will ever looking at them the same way again.

If anything that should serve as a lesson to everyone who kept hyping the shit out of it. Never a good idea to overinflate something. I saw it happen with Super Smash Bros. Brawl pre-release and I knew that game I was confident was going to be a disappointment to them like Cyberpunk was before it released.