So they've been out for a little bit of time, the specs are interesting and all, but how are the games?

So they've been out for a little bit of time, the specs are interesting and all, but how are the games?

Attached: next_gen.png (1024x576, 228.48K)

There aren't enough sibling incest games so they're worthless like every other console

time to become PC only gamer OP

STFU Omocat

There really aren't any new games. It's completely pointless owning a next-gen console, 2 years into the "next gen".

t.PS5 owner

Usually the first year after a console comes out is fairly dry, but with a few first party exclusives. These consoles have almost nothing to offer at all this time.

what games?

Didn't consoles use to launch with games?

This gen isn't even really off the ground at all. They're still releasing cross-gen titles and only recently have we started seeing devs move away from it like Gotham Knights for example.

PS5's got less than a handful of exclusives right now. There's some to look forward to but that's a ways away and the vast majority of its library is just better running PS4 games right now.
SeS/SeX games are either cross-gen or available on PC so your main draw with this thing is going to be if you want Gamepass or better performing multiplats or not, and even that's up in the air right now since optimization for some reason is tending to favor the PS5 side of things.

Unless you're looking into BC right now the gen probably won't even "begin" until 2023 or 2024 bare minimum.

They have plenty of them. Both consoles. Just not many exclusives. It's not like Nintendo. I don't know why any of you hold either MS or Sony to that standard.

They're fairly decent multiplat machines and provide good value overall. Both received a few good first party/exclusive games but nothing that would be a system seller so far and I don't see any upcoming release that will be that. If you have a PC you simply are not the target for consoles so stop being butthurt and just ignore them.

What games? Returnal is basically the only actual exclusive.

Gamepass lets Xbox edge ahead quite a bit but Sony has a pretty nice '22 line up. Prob worth picking one up by EOY.

t. idort

I really can't tell the differences between PS4 games and PS5 games and I don't see what wondertech the new consoles provide that would make PS5 games impossible on PS4. I guess the base models would be a pain in the ass to still develop for but PS4 Pro/ Xbone X are really not that much behind the new consoles.

The difference is 30FPS vs. 120FPS.

*60 with drops

The SSD as standard is a huge difference. It's everything really.

>the difference is SSD as a standard

Attached: 06a (1).jpg (1446x2170, 162.68K)

Better late than never.

Back in the day exclusives made up for the ps2 lack of specs

4K 60+ FPS is the difference in addition to SSD loading speeds right now, we'll see if they start messing with physics or more intensive effects in the future like smoke. You also notice a lot more particle effects in play, Forspoken and Returnal are the best examples I can think of offhand.
Xbone X could just barely do 4K reasonably while the PS4 Pro was a 1080p 40-60 FPS machine and 4K wasn't even viable in the vast majority of cases. I've got a Pro and a PS5 and just playing Avengers on the PS5 in PS4 mode is light night and day. It literally cuts the loading times by like 3/4ths and runs at 60 without drop while the PS4 Pro can't even stay at 60 for more than a few seconds before dropping to the 40s. I imagine if I were to download the PS5 version the difference would be even more jarring.

PS5 has some third person action games as per usual
Series S/X has Forza Horizon 5 and Flight Sim. Also Halo Infinite if you can tolerate 343i design.
PS5 is going to keep giving you more of the same. Not a bad thing but very predictable.
Series S/X might give you some new stuff but most of their studios are incredibly poorly managed

But that isn't been a big thing since. I know snoys themselves are insecure and want to measure exclusives vs Nintendo... they're walked right into the comparison themselves by shilling Sony's stupid movie shit. But for the average PS player, none of this matters. They're not shilling Horizon or Last of Us. It's just the convenience of multiplats.

I like mine.
Xbox's flagship ip don't do a lot for me but I get a ton of mileage out of my Series S as a backwards compatibility and gamepass machine, being able to pick up random shit like Panzer Dragoon Orta or Hydro Thunder with so much ease is really nice. I don't buy my current gen games on it, mostly because I hate Xbox's ecosystem and store, but it has its niche and fills it really well.

Sony's in a weird state with its game development this generation but I like the exclusives and "optimized for next gen" games I've played on my PS5. Insomniac is great, Elden Ring is great, Returnal is super cool, I'm excited for Pragmata and Stray. Its kind of like a PS4 Pro 2.0 with some exclusive games, which I guess means upgrading is a waste of time if you already did a few years ago but my vanilla PS4 was REALLY showing its age so I'm happy I picked one up. The dualshock 5 also might be my favorite Sony controller to date and the media apps are way better on PS5.

I feel like every console manufacturer now has carved their own place in the industry at this point and there's not a ton of overlap between the three of them, I've been an idort as long as I've been able to afford my own consoles and this is the first time I've felt it was worth owning both the Sony and Microsoft PC boxes (Nintendo's been doing its own thing for years so they're always a safe pick). Which you prefer really just comes down to preference and your lifestyle unless you're a shitposter