She makes a very good point

She makes a very good point

Attached: Persona 6 case shorter.jpg (1080x1295, 259.22K)

i dont see how having more game could ever be a bad thing

>Jeff Barnes
>she
She will never be a man.

It's hard to put in the effort.
Please think of all the normalfags who just want to look at pretty images all day.

>Please please put less content for the same price to pander to me specifically
Maybe Any Forums is right and game journos really do deserve the rope.

Persona needs to have less padding.

Play AC Valhalla. It's way too grindy.

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Currently 170 hours into Persona 5 Royal. I'm assuming I still have a ways to go.

No.

persona 5 does not have a good enough story or dungeon design to warrant 100+ hours

>uh, could you make my pizza smaller?

Attached: 1646118387695.png (326x322, 22.96K)

Which palace are you at? It took me 130 hours.

Persona 4 was the perfect length, P5 was retardedly overlong.

>why yes, i'm a fat fuck who can eat a family sized pizza in one sitting, and still want more.

End of Shido's palace right now.

>Muh work time I'm an adult now I don't have time for games
Go fucking watch a let's play at 2x jesas

I'm fine with it if it's cutting useless mandatory open world grind shit. Not if it's cutting story or romance or making combat easier.

Persona is one of the few very long games whose length I do not mind. My problem with Persona 5 is the horrible pacing. You can boot the game up for a 3 hour session and have it be nothing but cutscenes, and then the next session is nothing but dungeon crawling, and then the next nothing but social linking/life sim elements. I miss the brisk pace of Persona 3.

>you can either have the pizza with the same sized toppings but 10x the crust size with the crust covered in poop
>or you Cana have the normal sized crust pizza
>same price
hmmmm

I prefer the Naruto anime to the manga because it has 200 episodes of filler. How could anyone by mad about extra content??

>"even for the standards of the series"

Don't these games all have basically the same fucking length because they cover 2 school semesters

I finished at 45/55 hour the third time.took me 100 the second and 150 the first,there is a lot of place that is easy to grind when you know how also you only focus on npc you like or give you the best boost.My friend finish it in 30 hour without even dying.Its not that long.

>Holy shit this pizza is delicious and so huge! I ate until I was stuffed!
>Oh man there's still so much pizza left! It's not quite as good after being in the fridge overnight, but it's still great!
>I've been eating nothing but pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner for the past two weeks and what's left is hard and bland

I don't care if the journalist has a point or not, I can never believe journalists are ever arguing in good faith when it comes to making games easier or shorter because in basically every instance of this so far they were making this argument because games being easier and shorter makes their job even easier to do because they can jump into a super easy game and finish it in like 6 hours so they can write their shitty clickbait review on release day.

p5 would've been a good deal more interesting and engaging if they cut every POV change. the bit with shido and akechi was fucking stupid.
they never did it with maruki in royal and it turned out pretty good.

No because Persona 5 has at least twice the cutscenes of the other two games, mostly just repeating the same redundant information.

I'll never understand why people are so desperate to finish games quickly, even if you have a busy life is always good to have something to look up for since is already a game that you know is good waiting for you, literally the worst part of playing a good game is knowing that you are close to the end goddammit

It's rare.

Attached: 1623356456360.jpg (1920x1080, 649.03K)

Then drop it, you don't have to finish something you dislike.

Journos just want short games because they hate playing them.

Elden Ring would absolutely be better if it was missing an entire region or two. The game doesn't evolve enough as you play it to justify the length and you'll get bored of your character and build trajectory long before you finish. The previous Souls games were of the perfect length. The open world bloat also means that if you don't do everything you'll have to keep a guide open to see which items you need for your build and where to get them.

Half the game is an VN and journos can't even be bothered to read

It's because the game heavily incentivizes beating the palace in one "go" so you have more time FOR the SLs which in turn give you more stuff to do in combat or other, meaning that when you do get your next palace it's all hands on deck for a good 5-7 hours of RPG gameplay before either getting kicked out halfway or sending the card and fighting the boss likely within the next day or 2. Same goes with Mementos and saving up "requests" to knock them out in one go.
This problem was introduced in 4, but part of 4 is its rural setting which meant there was just a lot less to do outside of going to the TV World every now and then to do some grinding or fighting some harder enemies in the dungeons. I don't know. It was just paced better overall.

For once journalism is correct. Persona 5 is chock to the brim with redundant text message convos and thoughts of the people of Tokyo. In addition, the SUI director gets a lot of scenes yet his character amounts to very little at the end of the day. Not to mention the explanation of the great ruse takes a goddamn hour to explain. The game even knows this as it gives you the *condensed* version of the scene, while you can get an additional 20 minutes of it by talking to Futaba.

This too but they also happen to be right.

For games journalists the game being shorter or easier LITERALLY makes their job easier since they can finish the game quicker and write their review with less content to consider.

For normal people it's usually a matter of being a mindless consoomer who always has to be playing 'the newest game' so they end up struggling to finish any game because a new one comes out before they can. The idea of "You could just only buy a new game when you actually finish the last one you've been enjoying" does not occur to them because gaming is about being part of the trend/discussion WHILE the game is new and everyone is talking about it.

The only thing that made it long was the insistence of repeating things we already knew about each time a new character was introduced

>the long ass life of Persona 4 with many twitch streamers promoting it
>persona 5 comes along right as twitch really hits its stride
>countless newcomers to the series
>they love it
and
>they immediately want to change it
Every fucking time

Attached: 1488311475179.jpg (677x722, 104.26K)

I still think Persona 3 had it right. You could only go into dungeons at night, when there was little to do, but the fatigue system was designed to prevent you from one-nighting it, and the fact that you only went at night meant you wouldn't mind.