Estus Flasks ruined Dark Souls

Estus itself is an infinite resource and there is no consequence for using 5/10/20 of them a time when at least with grass in Demon's Souls if you burn through high quality grass to get through an area you're burning through tens of thousands of souls. There is no burden in using estus and even in Dark Souls 1 you get plenty of it and if it's not enough you can burn humanity to permanently upgrade that area into easy mode. I want you to tell me what's so great about having 20 high quality healing items being on an infinite tap for any area or boss of choice.

Attached: 2555200-dsclean.jpg (502x640, 155.63K)

*outdoes both grass and estus*
Nothin personnel.

Attached: blood_vial.png (408x409, 262.94K)

>I want you to tell me what's so great about having 20 high quality healing items being on an infinite tap for any area or boss of choice.
Sounds baller as fuck.

Attached: 1645513499142.jpg (600x600, 24.41K)

Bloodborne offered an alternative and the only real consequence was that every time i ran out of them in both my inventory and hunter's dream chest I had to fucking farm them, which was incredibly easy and also incredibly tedious. i love bloodborne for a handful of reasons but the estus-style system is the best as any alternative just artificially create tedious time-wasting segments of play.

It's not that great, that's why they fixed it for the sequels

Its fine, healing at the wrong time can ruin your day faster than not healing. Just another mechanic and thing to pace in a fight.

So? Does it have to be hard?

just use humanity to heal up then faggot

Why can't I just have more health and just no way to heal? Action games worked that way for years.

oh yeah, cuz theres nothing funner than facing a tough boss that eats through all your consumables, thus FORCING you to GRIND to get back to playing the game.

this is proof that for a lot of soulsfag, its not about a good time, it's about bragging and stroking your girl cock, and thats just sad

Dark Souls is pretty much designed to be the easiest part of the series. No consequences for dying, infinite healing, it was definitely intentional to make it easier.

>12 estus
>99 lifegems
>99 radiant lifegems
>99 old radiant lifegems
>99 divine blessings
>99 elizabeth mushrooms
>99 small smooth silky stones
>99 smooth silky stones
>99 monastery charms
>99 dragon charms
>99 rouge waters
>99 crimson waters
>ring of restoration
>loyce shield
>crown of the iron king for infinite great heals, soothing sunlight, warmth, and resplendent life

Attached: ds2 player.jpg (500x500, 27.86K)

>Ugh I can't STAND it when other people have an easier time with a videogame! If it doesn't filter all the bad people forever, it's a BAD GAME.
get over it lol. Nobody's going to praise you because you think the ground is too soft.
Play a harder game or stop sucking your own cock.

>there is no consequence

The consequence is that your character takes literally 5 fucking seconds to grip and sip which is enough time to get killed 6 million jewish times in this game.

this
and this
OP is a raging faggot once again!

Every action game comes with some form of healing I actually can't think of one that doesn't.

You didn't beat the game.

Attached: Vital_Star_L_DMC3.png (205x202, 59.3K)

Even putting those aside you still had DT and green orb drops, as an action game that just gives you a set bar and says that's it for the stage I can't think of any.

>NOT HAVING TO SPEND HOURS FARMING IS BAD... BECAUSE IT JUST IS OK
Lmao keep seething behind those rose tinted glasses faggot.

>have to either farm souls or farm the item itself
wow what a retarded system, glad from agrees with me and decided not to go back to this shit system after bloodborne

Because for a slow-paced game like dark souls a healing option is something that creates situations the player needs to act on.
>Heal when unsafe and risk being hit
>Heal at a safe time but sacrifice an opening to attack
>Heal early to keep safe at max health, or heal later to maximize the flask use
Being able to decide the better options for a situation will give you an advantage and becomes a skill the player can develop to better their odds.