Why did Toby think people would hate him?

Why did Toby think people would hate him?

Attached: icegif-1803.gif (406x498, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w4R82pNqGBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He didnt he only said that because celebrities pretend to be humble and surprised that they are famous when in reality they all know exactly what they are doing. Toby isnt that bad compared to the other more famous celebrities.

because normies are retarded

Yeah, Toby's chill. He's the Mr. Rogers of video games.

He's also the Albert Einstein of video games, the Beethoven of video games, and the Chuck Norris of video games. It's incredible how based one guy can be.

idk who this nigga is but his design is very ugly if that answers your question

Apparently some of the playtesters gave him this impression. Seems shocking this was even the case, although it hardly matters if they aren't going to actually sway him against his creative decisions.

Because if he wasn’t careful Spamton would just be LOLRANDUM. Most people who do an impression of Spamton or write fanfiction fail at it and make him lame. He’s actually a really complex character.

You're correct but you're also reading too much into it. Toby just said that because he got people to playtest the game and they all said they found Spamton weird and creepy.
That's all.

this. it's bullshit. at least 20 people get to try toby's games before they're done. nothing is a surprise

>playtesters hated Spamton
>he ends up being the most popular character in the series next to Sans
And that's why you don't let any outsiders fuck with your creative vision.

he's strange, creepy, weird and tragic
ironically, that's why everyone loves him

His design is inherently off putting, but that is the point. Toby probably had japs to play test the game and anything that is not cutesy to them they think is shit so they probably hated Spamton because he is ugly. Spamton is far more rooted in western culture with references to pinocchio and such so he would naturally be more appealing to Tobys larger western audience.

Attached: 1650505442357.gif (400x400, 2.45M)

>Thinks pinocchio isn't popular in japan
>Thinks Toby picks nip undertale fans to playtest
lol

Playtesters are the scum of the earth

Attached: Playtester leaves Valve HQ.gif (271x200, 593.56K)

>Thinks pinocchio isn't popular in japan
Never said it wasn't, but it is not a part of "Japanese" culture like it is in the west. Its like saying that anime is popular in the west so its a part of western culture.
>Thinks Toby picks nip undertale fans to playtest
I don't see why not he already LARPs as a ESL nip dev, its clear that he desires the approval of Japs.

His tranny cultist are so brainwashed that he could create anything and they would love it even if he tried to sabotage it by making it shit on purpose.
youtube.com/watch?v=w4R82pNqGBE

Attached: 1621886277-rachel_2_.jpg (700x474, 119.46K)

Japan loves Pinocchio. Just look at Astro Boy, Geno, and that one episode of Ultraman Taro.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 105.81K)

There's a character in Super Mario RPG named Hinopio which is a parody of Pinocchio.

it's so weird, I played both chapters on day 1 to avoid spoilers(very glad I did) so I got to experience spamton spoiler-free and I actually loved him at first sight
Maybe toby just lacks confidence or some shit, whatever the case I'm glad he didn't listen to his playtesters, hopefully if it was a confidence issue this teaches him to trust himself more than anyone else

god, this reminds me of his old shitposts. I really hope he's still out there, fucking around.

I saw some people play Deltarune who were creeped out by Spamton and didn't like him, so Toby's playtesters were probably like them.

>There's a character in Super Mario RPG named Hinopio which is a parody of Pinocchio.
I'm surprised you went for that and not the actual living puppet that joins your party.

Or fuck SMRPG, the fact that Toad's name is an anagram of Pinocchio.

[HEAVEN] ARE YOU WATCHING?!

Attached: d96.gif (1000x750, 727.37K)

Does anyone have that gif of Spamton smoking a cigar in one puff?