FFXI 20th Anniversary

Talk about Final Fantasy XI, Square-Enix's first MMO. It's almost twenty years old now.

Attached: thumb-1920-47718_remy.jpg (1280x1024, 169.47K)

Final Fantasy XIV made the game obsolete and Abyessa killed the community

i reinstalled and made a new character on bahamut
i know i've always been retarded but man
this game makes me feel like a super ultra mega retard

Did they even announce anything at the 20th anniversary stream? Or was it just "Yep, sure has been 20 years." and that was it?

Yeah I suppose so. I have my issues with retail though it's been a fun trip down memory lane. I think that, in the long run, if FFXI remains a part of my gaming experience it will be on a private server. I miss the old style of the game.

You should consider starting over or transferring to Phoenix, at least. There are people there who can help you, including me.

Just general updates that were coming anyway. Maybe a new announcement on Monday? That's the true anniversary. Some speculate the cancelled mobile game was originally the 20th century project but it was shelved.

Attached: _gift__ffxi__sephirah_and_saiya_by_khmariexii_d9lqiy2-fullview.png (1024x1371, 3.15M)

mithra were built for big taru cock

Attached: 13b0c5a8148471046a8030388d5a6ccb.jpg (350x352, 25.45K)

So are they announcing a remake or not? Because I'll play it but I'm not playing a game with ps2 graphics. Also I heard making an account is a nightmare.

those shorts look convenient like you can just poop without even pulling them down

why are mithras pure sex

Utter nonsense.

I don't think there is any remake or ever will be. If you don't like the PS2 graphics there are mods to 'update it'. If old graphics bother you though maybe older games aren't for you.

As for making an account... it's really not that hard. You go to Square-Enix, make an account there. Put in your registration key. Installing POL, boot it up, input the info you entered on Square-Enix. Archaic and more complicated than it SHOULD be, but if I can manage most anyone can.

Whoever designed them had excellent taste. Shame he didn't stick with Square-Enix.

Attached: __avatar_and_red_mage_final_fantasy_and_1_more_drawn_by_gochou_kedama__7dd23eeefc335052d3c026c785dc1154.jpg (3500x3361, 2.17M)

Installing it now. I'm going to assume there is absolutely no benefit to installing it on a SSD.

Attached: 1650691709004.png (495x387, 80.42K)

It's an old game. It was designed for PS2's. Really shouldn't be any need.

Game doesn't work on SSD. Ruins the framers and the cooldowns on your skills start acting up.

>Naja Salaheem will never financially dominate you

>Final Fantasy XIV made the game obsolete
Huh? XI is an MMORPG. XIV is barely an RPG and, certainly not an MMO.

>remake
Lmao, no. We're getting some cool new content tho.

Someone in the last thread asked about Dynamis. You actually see the Hydra Corps during the WotG storyline and see all their relics they get equipped with. They did more than just get lost in another dimension though. Dynamis is the realm of Diabolos. He's maintaining a dream of an eternal Crystal War. If I remember correctly he's doing it so that the members of the Northlands Expedition will confront what happened to Raogrimm and eventually find peace.

hopefully it'll be something at least.

Attached: 2022-05-14 final fantasy 11 20th anniversaries nothing burgers 2.jpg (718x910, 127.35K)

What job has the lewdest gear sets?

Alright you fucks I'm on Asura but I have no connection to anything here. Are you guys playing on Phoenix or what?

the fuck, that's my and my wife's characters

I want her to ___ on me.

Attached: naja-final-fantasy-xi.jpg (736x546, 50.6K)

I transferred over to Phoenix and sent a message, waiting for a linkpearl

Haha, I think I pulled off of Deviant Art years ago? Maybe Neko Sentai had it.

Several people, including myself, are on Phoenix. The reddit page for FFXI has lots of Asura players though.

XIV is far closer to WoW.
I agree with abyssea tho

>grinding for EXP in Crawler's Nest
>it's filled with people and their party of trusts

Why can't people just make parties with other people? This shit seems redundant.

Attached: 1434249806936.jpg (495x495, 71.15K)

xp is split between everyone in the party, whereas with trusts you get full xp. Not to mention before i119 trusts are much stronger than players.

I'm on Asura right now, but will probably be transferring to phoenix in a week or so.