Over ten years later

>Over ten years later
>No game since has come close to capturing the kino that is Skyrim
What went so right?

Attached: 1631833588621.jpg (1000x1000, 123.86K)

I think it's because no big devs took away more from skyrim then "big map = good game." Skyrim and other Bethesda games feel more like a world where your character was just dropped and the side quest felt organic when you found them. It wasn't a map with 1000 random activities to checkmark.

I don't get why people enjoy Skyrim
new Vegas was far better

Attached: New Vegas.gif (531x1025, 99.01K)

Also it actually had multiple towns or cities to go instead of most games that still only have one hub town and the rest is a empty map.

One of the shittiest games of the 2010s and easily the most overhyped game of all time.

>Beyond the Beef
Every time

Attached: Fallout 3 vs New Vegas side quests.png (2400x1782, 467.02K)

cringe
based

>people that liked Skyrim are now adults

Attached: a.jpg (559x568, 19.53K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: 7E25E38B-9C84-414B-BFA7-2D1300A2EB36.jpg (1280x720, 91.83K)

Based

original skyrim is trash
modded is slightly less trash since i have a minotaur wife.

I installed 100+ mods including w40k space marines and a train wizard and large army fights and shit and I still found it boring

Would only be happy if a man was doing this to me.

Nobody tried making anything like it. Open worlds games are basically either oc donut steel characters like in ubishit games or games where you just run around fighting bosses after bosses until the final boss

>Nobody tried making anything like it.
But why? Skyrim has an immense list of flaws that could easily be addressed by a more competent developer.

Why bother making a seni-complex open world game with different skills, items, magic, enemies, etc when you can release generic fps or a generic linear rpg and get a lot of money anyway?

You guys havent tried skyrim VR sex+slave mods on top of waifu mods and actual gameplay mods fucking pure kino

Literally no one else wants too, anyone making an open world game just wants to ape the Ubisoft formula. The only real game I've seen billed as a bethesda killer was Outer Worlds and that both did not capture the feel of a bethesda game and was also very middle of the road.

A better done Skyrim would make tons of money. Just look at the success of Skyrim. I actually do like Skyrim, but I'd be lying if I said that it couldn't be done a million times better.

This is a tough thing to capture, especially in a large project designed by committee.

The music, and the world's art direction.

The amount of absolute COMFINESS you get from hearing Soule music while walking down a wooded path while its raining has not been matched AT ALL.

I don't think Skyrim would be nearly as remembered if the OST was mediocre.