I want to play a 3D platformer. Which of these games is more fun?

I want to play a 3D platformer. Which of these games is more fun?

Attached: file.png (633x316, 463.02K)

Kirby was great, but you're giving me 3D World vibes

3D world is a bit more easy to get into if you have played 3D land.

3D World has more content, and some harder levels.
Kirby is just relaxing.
If you like 3D platformers just buy both eventually. They are both fun. I'd start with 3D World though.

Not true in the slightest, doesn't even make any sense. What would you have needed to play to get in to 3D Land? It's a 3D platformer for goodness sake.

3D world has actual design, an interesting moveset and challenge.
in Kirby the levels are just there. it's all nonsense and any retard can plow through them while half asleep.

3D world has shit boss fights while in Kirby the bosses are the best part by far (but combat is complete shit outside of main boss fights)

3D world is a much better game overall. While Kirby is a cute game you can play whilst semi-conscious or unconscious.

Both are really good, but have different strengths. Mario is very straightforward, but extremely well-designed with its array of mechanics. Kirby has a more immersive world and a bigger focus on combat and specific abilities. Go for Mario if you want something with a faster pace and more straight-to-the-punch design. On the other hand, Kirby is nice if you want to take it slower and enjoy something with more little details to appreciate.

I'm not sure what you're expecting, but keep in mind that neither 3D World or Forgotten Land are big collectathons in the vein of games like Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Odyssey or Banjo-Kazooie. Both certainly have collectibles to find in each level, but they're very much about completing smaller objectives as you go through the main level rather than making it a priority to hunt them all down. If you've played 2D Mario or 2D Kirby in the past, you can likely get a general gist of how you'll feel about their 3D counterparts. On the other hand, Bowser's Fury (the other campaign included with Mario) IS a collectathon with one huge interconnected level to explore, although it's definitely on the shorter end despite its quality design.

Lastly, it doesn't sound like a priority for you, but if you are looking for co-op I'd say 3D World does it better. Not only does it have four player for both local and online, but players are on a similar level to one another in abilities. Bowser's Fury has far more limited two player co-op, but the 3D World campaign is already plenty for that multiplayer kick. Kirby on the other hand is very much the kind of game where you give another controller to a relative or partner, but do the heavy lifting in terms of actual gameplay. Bandana Dee is decent fun, but very limited.

I noticed you omitted the Galaxy games as "big collectathons". Any reason for not adding those to the list?

They're both incredible, whichever you can get your hands on first

Because even Nintendo stopped try to pretend they are.

Attached: iTAPckh.jpg (1278x719, 133.68K)

The Galaxy games give you more choice in level order, but you still go through fairly linear levels at the end of the day for each mission. There might be a hidden Star in certain missions, but it's more like finding a hidden goal in a 2D Mario game. Galaxy 1 was clearly designed to bring the 3D design of 64 and Sunshine closer to the 2D Mario games, and Galaxy 2 furthered this connection. 3D World ups the linearity enough to feel basically like a 2D Mario platformer in 3D space, and I'd say Kirby is an iteration on the base from 3D World. The post-games of both 3D World and Forgotten Land have you revisit older levels with new gimmicks and harder obstacles, but the actual approach definitely feels distinct from how different missions for a single level were handled in the Galaxy games (or even Sunshine to an extent).

Kirby is honestly more of a beat'um up these days, there's still platforming, but the focus is on the combat, regardless, play Bowser's Fury and ignore 3D World entirely.

retard

3D World mogs Kirby hard, especially if you didn't already play the Wii U version

Both are shit
Just emulate banjo kazooie and rayman 2

I feel like Mario galaxy and A Hat in time are so linear it's a stretch to call them collectathons because the "stars" act like flag poles at the end of a level.

Yeah but since zoomers grew up with galaxy its one of the best games ever

>Rayman 2

More like the underrated gem / dark sheep :^)

3d world if you've never played the main game before

Forgotten Land is the better game but Kirby puts way less emphasis on platforming relative to combat and finding hidden collectibles; best you get are the Treasure Road challenges. If you want platforming first and foremost then 3D World is just that nonstop with no bullshit.

Both are pretty mediocre
Specially when compared to Mario 64, Sunshine
And kirby dreamland 3 (the only good- non mediocreone)

I know opinions are subjective, but I'm not a big fan of Dream Land 3. I hate how slow movement in that game feels compared to other Kirby games, let alone other platformers in general. The abilities aren't really satisfying to me, with the animal friends not helping much when their combos usually feel too limited and weak to feel satisfying. The special objectives for each level sound great on paper, but I think many feel more obtuse than anything in execution. Don't think the level design is anything special for the most part either, if we're looking at this game on its virtue as a platformer. I don't think any of these elements are outright bad, but they all feel inherently flawed in my eyes. Kirby's Dream Land 3 has a ton of charm and personality in its great visuals and music, but if we're looking at it as a game I feel it falls short.