Was Xenoblade DE a bad remaster?

Was Xenoblade DE a bad remaster?

Attached: 15.png (1600x1792, 2.75M)

No it was a great one

Not at all. They made the characters not look like monkeys anymore.

damn.. shulk looks like THAT?

no. retards who praise the original artstyle are disingenuous and simply like to kneejerk against things

but muh SOUL

Attached: 1590023044030.jpg (1280x1436, 214.76K)

Surely there was a middle ground between derp faces (as much as I like them) and generic anime faces for the remaster.

God I hate myself for putting 100 hours into OG Xenoblade before the remaster mogged it.

I like the original character art. Like the one from the portraits. But it didn't translate to 3d well.

Top is mfw a black walks by me on the sidewalk

they saturated the hell out of the palette in DE and it looks fucking terrible. they could have recreated the models to look more like the promotional art instead of giving up entirely and going for XB2 shit

feel free to post examples of that middle ground. surely some other game would have done this at some point, right? if you're so correct that is

Melia looks the worst in the original with those goddamn ginormous lips of hers.

There's no way that people actually think the Wii version looks better.

Attached: 1585519789671.png (600x600, 15.93K)

They made Melia attractive

No the og characters looked like troglodytes.

They do just because they hate modern anime that much, even though monolith themselves hate the original because they couldn't get them to look like they wanted them too.

No, it was one of the best remakes ever made. Not a single reason to play the original with DE existing, they made it superior in every single way with no downsides

theyre both shit but the remaster characters visually look better

I'll take generic animu over the OG abominations

Yes.
But mostly because of the artstyle change
Faces went from relatively grounded but anime inspired to full blown as generic as possible anime

I would argue the Wii version is impressive considering the joke of the Wii always being a souped up GC/PS2
That last year or two of the Wii was quite the send off for standard definition gaming with some real lookers like Xenoblade and Tatsunoko VS Capcom
But I think the remaster looks way better so you'd have a to be a real contrarian to argue otherwise

That's Fiora, user

No

Top Soul
Bottom Soulless

Your Post: Gay
My Post: Correct

one of the best remasters ever to be honest

The only problem was the hack job they did to the music.

Top looks like FFXII, bottom looks like Honey Select. This is one of those examples where the developer is in the wrong with their "artistic vision".

DE's faces definitely look better compared to the original, but I do wish they had kept the original's shading or something like it rather then going full cel shaded.

>ANIME BAD
>BUT ANIME GOOD WHEN UGLY WIDE FACE, MAKES IT LOOK "GROUNDED"
ok

>Any Forums shits on the west for intentionally making females ugly
>also Any Forums: NO THEY ARNT UGLY ANYMORE IT HAS NO SOVL!!

who are you quoting?

while the actual technical presentation is better in the remake, the art style is worse. the og characters kind of look like real people, while the remaster they are all just generic anime faces.

You can choose the original ost tho

Old = good
New = bad

wii version looks better and no, posting the same unflattering comparison images wont change my mind. not buying your stupid fucking remake

"the remaster looks better"
the remaster has several times the poly count to work with, no fucking shit. you're not comparing art styles, you're comparing art styles and several generations of hardware. you could have remade xenoblade without brightening the everliving fuck out of everything so that blondes turn to glowing yellows.

not like you bought the wii version either

Why are you so upset

Fiora SUCKS

Attached: 1599086940983.jpg (1000x820, 191.06K)

/thread
I hope 3 keep DE's item tracking

Soul/soulless post Soul
Gay/correct post Soulless.