What was the last good generation of video games?

What was the last good generation of video games?

Attached: 1633067148007.jpg (1200x773, 115.53K)

Ps2/Xbox/Gamecube

Dreamcast was the end of soul, the end of Sega as a console maker

Attached: dreamcast ad.jpg (2370x2990, 2.91M)

based

Cringe zoomers

Based boomer

PS5/Switch/Xbox Series/PC

m8 the Dreamcast is the same as the Ps2 era

N64.

Some zoomers will claim, but muh gamecube! Wind Waker! Yes, wind waker was a classic, but Mario Sunshine was a bit too wide questy, and so was wind waker. It was like the entire console took a vacation to the tropics and it wasn’t about real Mario or Link and the triforce quest. It was some Feel Good Hippy meta paradise stuff unfortunately. What’s worse is most people didn’t even play Mario Sunshine and went straight for Wind Waker. This was a rocky boat.
Especially given that the previous generation was so on point with Mario 64, Ocarina of time, and so many other great titles. One classic title doesn’t sell a console. And though the GameCube did sell a bunch of fun video games, it was not as successful as N64 and Snes. The flame died by a lot in the Blockbuster video stores at this point, as we can all remember before the stores actually fucking closed.

Attached: 54944D2B-B940-429E-9A71-C74DAED7B7DE.jpg (1280x720, 72.69K)

6th gen, after that it went to REAL shit in 7th. While video games aren't as good these days as in the past, it is significantly better than in 7th gen.

If the N64 was so "good" and SM64 and Ocarina "must-play" why did less than 3/5 of SNES owners buy one?

Every generation has some good games.

Just admit you got old and are too slow to learn to play anything new.

6th, not even a question. Also the same one where the cancer increased to the point it wasn't a detriment yet.

Gotta' give it to 6th gen personally. A lot of my fondest memories were from the PS2 since that was my introduction to the PS1's library games as well as a JRPG magnet.

Attached: 52DE55F6-756B-4D91-BEA8-71DBC866C792.jpg (457x520, 28.51K)

Unironically PS3 still has a fuckton of really good exclusives, from Folklore, to Motorstorm, to LBP...
The following gen is where everything went to shit, and current gen is in dire need of a fucking crash beca even Nintendo sucks major dick nowadays.

It was the beginning of the end, but yeah it was still good.
/thread

Early 7th gen (2005-2008). You had some really good games in that era, before it all went to shit in 2009 with the explosion of mobile games, MW2, Plants vs. Zombies, etc.

>ps2/xbox/gamecube is cringe zoomer generation
>dreamcast is based boomer generation
>they are the same generation
you will never be born in the 80s.

FPBP. once game consoles started connecting to the internet and the internet gained more presence as an infrastructure games went downhill fast.

Good job ignoring the fact ps2 stayed relevant until 2007 and beyond the release of ps3.

you're fucking retarded, i was making fun of another user for calling the ps2 cringe. I still use my PS2 to this day mostly to play SOCOM 3 and Ratchet and Clank 3