An entire generation of ugly bloom effects

>An entire generation of ugly bloom effects

Boomers how did you deal with this shit?

Attached: file.png (1625x600, 466.36K)

turning it off through menu settings or ini tweaks, or if that didn't work by seething on the internet

I would happily go back to them graphics if it meant going back to getting solid games every month inseated of 2-3 semi decent games with ultra good graphics every year.

>getting solid games every month

This hasn't happened since the PS2 era. 7th gen was shit senpai.

There are more good games in generation 7 than any other.

The people who control the world have protected their bloodlines dating back to Genesis chapter 6 where the rebellious watchers procreated with daughters of humans but daughters of Cain’s line specifically it’s believed. It’s Greek, Egyptian, Canaan, Sumarian, Indian, south and North American mythologies just from the Hebrew’s perspective instead and correct in being the only one who calls out the old gods like Atlas, Baal, El, Zeus, Osiris, Samyaza, shiva, Og, and others as horrific, rebellious, and evil.

7th gen 2005-2008=kino
7th gen 2009-2013=cancer and shit.

2009 was good and November 2009 had at least 5 great AAA titles alone

By calling it shit and then making fun of the PS3 to make ourselves feel better.

Off the top of my head 2009-2013 gave us Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Nier, Skyrim, Mass Effect 2, GTA V, and Max Payne 3. I'm foggy on other dates. It wasnt a bad era at all.

>7th gen
>Boomers
I want to die

[citation needed]

This. OP 2005-2008 was innovative and fun. Then the smartphones released, the recession happened, and it all went to shit, etc.

I was a senior in hs when the PS3 came out. I spent all summer working at a Publix to save up for one at launch.My dad went and stood in line at gamestop to get me one of like 6 preorders. I am 33 now.

Only the final years of the PS360 era was garbage. Basically, once Last of Us became a hit and the Kinect came out.

It's a joke you nigger calm down

>An entire generation of no games

Attached: 8th gen.jpg (1280x720, 93.01K)

I actually really, really prefer the Demon's Souls remake to the original because of the brown and bloom. I get that some people prefer it, but I was the right age to be nostalgic for that generation and Jesus Christ do I find the original game ugly.

Attached: Cover.jpg (1525x1755, 1.15M)

The Seventh Generation had lots of good stuff like Call of Duty, Minecraft, Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Borderlands, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Saints Row, Portal.

And yet people will continue to deny that the 2008 financial crisis is what caused vidya to become terrible

Bloodborne, Doom games and spiderman the generation.

Nah it was better than the seventh gen

Attached: Eighth Generation Classics.png (1000x750, 1.26M)

Incorrect. 2009 had the best Resident Evil game.

Attached: file.png (1024x1024, 1.22M)

This was the last good gen
>console names (mostly) made sense
>each console was in direct competition with each other, unlike the sporadic releases we have now
>exclusives meant having consoles made sense in the first place
>incredible innovation in the game industry (motion control, blu-ray, etc.)
>sony was Japanese

The only game of that gen in which I like the overtuned bloom is MGS4 for some reason. It just has a nostalgic atmosphere for me. It may be because it has that melancholy of being the end of Snake's story.

Best game of the gen,

Attached: file.png (557x640, 374.12K)

I really want this to be revived in some way. There's no other game out there with similar multiplayer design. Even Starhawk, while a worse game, had a lot of cool and unique things to it.

I played MGS4 again this week and yeah it still looks ok. I think it's for a few reasons:

1. the brown is more a greyish green which is easier on the eyes
2. Character models and general aesthetic better than most games of the era
3. Fun story and interesting weapons.

cringe

N64.

Some zoomers will claim, but muh gamecube! Wind Waker! Yes, wind waker was a classic, but Mario Sunshine was a bit too wide questy, and so was wind waker. It was like the entire console took a vacation to the tropics and it wasn’t about real Mario or Link and the triforce quest. It was some Feel Good Hippy meta paradise stuff unfortunately. What’s worse is most people didn’t even play Mario Sunshine and went straight for Wind Waker. This was a rocky boat.
Especially given that the previous generation was so on point with Mario 64, Ocarina of time, and so many other great titles. One classic title doesn’t sell a console. And though the GameCube did sell a bunch of fun video games, it was not as successful as N64 and Snes. The flame died by a lot in the Blockbuster video stores at this point, as we can all remember before the stores actually fucking closed.

Attached: 381170BD-336D-43DA-B030-06732B40AB67.jpg (1280x720, 72.69K)

By playing Wii/DS/PC and the occasional 360 game when my friend would bring his 360.