Tales of Arise apparently has boring designs

>Tales of Arise apparently has boring designs
>Xenoblade 3 apparently has boring designs

What constitutes a boring design in a JRPG, anyways? Not showing enough skin? Showing TOO much skin? No armor? Just armor? Should everyone have realistic proportions and wear basically normal clothes, like in Genshin?

Attached: F5200C56-B978-4934-9ACC-299275EEB4D0.jpg (790x962, 90.28K)

You disagree with that? Some of X3's characters look okay but most were boring, Arise just looks shitty to me. Genshin took a bit of getting used to but overall their designs are okay(not all of them mind you).

It's subjective

Some of them I find cool. I liked Alphen’s armor.

So what’s a JRPG [preferably fantasy] with good character design?

A nigger

In the case of Xenoblade 3, the vast amount of discourse I've seen has been on this site in particular, and I have a feeling a good amount of it is just shitters trying to make the game look like an inevitable disaster for some forsaken reason.

Is arise a nice party based RPG with fun combat? I’m itching for another and I could care less about design faggotry

I fucking loved a lot of Tales of Arise's character designs. The game is just held back by being a Tales game, though.

> What constitutes a boring design in a JRPG, anyways?
the presence of a trash japanese developer like shit niex, scamco or shitendo

>fun combat

Depends on whom you ask. I tried it for a bit with the demo, found that it was the same button-mashy clusterfuck nonsense as every other Tales game, and dropped it immediately, but I know that there are people who like Tales combat, so they'd probably say it's good.

>Boring designs
You probably think the dogshit whore attention designs from danganronpa looks great you absolute turbofaggot

Which devs are good?

>apparently
I was wondering what people who say that think are good designs.

I think those kinds of extreme edgelord designs on characters who aren't even edgelords are the worst. He looks like he's cosplaying as Artorius.

Very subjective. I just wanted to give you my take on what I think is boring.

Attached: az56o0ic12h81.jpg (1825x948, 326.19K)

if a design isn't boring it's overdesigned lol

You need atleast 12 belts

It means chinks and gooks seethe.

They are mad that low budget jap games still succeed while their shit games bomb.

This is a good JRPG design

Attached: 4BE7E8F2-97DA-41C0-A21A-C2576FC7892E.jpg (490x626, 44.75K)

Thé design communicates nothing about the character behind them and is just meant to look cool in an unspecified way.
The design should also make it easy to distinguish them from other characters

Don't forget atlus.

>Genshin took a bit of getting used to but overall their designs are okay(not all of them mind you).
LMAOOOOO
FFXII, XIV, NieR, Drakengard, etc etc

He's probably a Falcomfag or some variation of the sort, not worth arguing with

>party based RPG with fun combat
just play Dragon's Dogma again