Sonic fundamentally doesn't work in three dimensio-

>sonic fundamentally doesn't work in three dimensio-

Attached: 000.webm (852x480, 2.89M)

wow look at all those missed rings, and how slow sonic is, and of course he needs an air boost.
sonic fundamentally doesn't work in three dimensions

Did they make sugoi 4 yet and port the old one?

Actually the best 3D Sonic game, and the best part is it's a proper PC game with actual server lists and loads of character mods/map packs so there's loads to do beyond the main campaign. Great game.

It's a bland space with enemies ignored and used as setpieces.
Sonic can work in 3D. Just do a Classic-style Adventure game and there you go.

>no fucking loops or walking onto 90 degree climbs
useless video

I'm really tired of the "fans do it better" shit in the Sonic community.
No, they really don't. They make generic games, copy each other, and in most cases, get dropped entirely.

>and of course he needs an air boost
No he doesn't. The one time he uses it is unnecessary.
I'm guessing this looks bland and empty because it's meant to be an early level, but that in itself is a problem - it's not enough to prove OP's point

This is a mod. The actual level is pretty spacious with lots of stuff to fuck around in and explore, which is one of SRB2's biggest strengths, I think. While also allowing you to go incredibly fast once you get down routes, there's a lot of neat things to see in maps if you take the time to fuck around, which is something I enjoy a lot. Azure Paradise is a good example of that I think.

Download Adventure Sonic and the 06 map pack if you haven't already.

>Using the 3d Models instead of sprites

Bad taste

you can get footage that looks smooth from shit like 06 as well. the test for a good sonic game is how smooth it looks when you go off the rails.

FPBP

It's a custom map, not part of the main game.

>Doom is the best sonic game
of course

Mania, SRB2 and SRB2 Kart are better than anything Sega has done in well over a decade. It's not even debateable, they are so much better it's not even something people will argue about. It's not a meme, it's the truth.

I hate how shit the camera is on this

Doom is fundamentally 2D, so your webm proofs nothing

>best versions of 1, 2 and CD made by western fans. Soon to be 3&K as well.
>SRB2 and Kart are both extremely popular
>Shit tons of good mods for Generations including the majority of Unleashed
>Pseudo port/remake of 06 with massive improvements
>Plenty more obscure stuff that is still good like Sonic Battle R
I think you will struggle to find a fanbase that has made as much good fanmade shit as the Sonic fanbase except maybe like Doom, WC3 custom games or Neverwinter Nights 1.

so was this done by a normal person or a complete autist who spent hundreds of hours learning the physics of this game?

its doom in third person with some modified physics meant to be a platformer with high speeds, but all you have is doomguy running physics pushed into everything. its a fucking mess and the project should be canned at this point. i still don't understand why people are so obsessed with sonic into their well adulthood and are willing to pour their time into it. its crazy.

Attached: what-confused.gif (220x225, 418.95K)

> I'm guessing this looks bland and empty because it's meant to be an early level
It look bland and empty because the player isn't that good. A good player can make levels looks way better than they are, and the opposite is true as well.
If the person in the webm were blasting through the stage, never slowing down, and showing mastery of the level, it would look mindblowing.

That Unleashed port was how I played the damn game since I never owned an Xbox or PS. Modders are crackheads.

It plays absolutely nothing like doom dude, just admit you got filtered. Even if it did the controls and camera are heavily customisable.

I like what I see but having star post gates instead of a single star post and let Sonic do ring dash would be even better